~14~

-olivia-

how did we get here? i would never know.

the bed we laid in were full of lies and secrets, there was no love.

there was lust.

my hand pressed onto her's, bringing it over her head. her other hand roamed my waist as i pressed onto the mattress for support. the sounds of her loud breathing as we kissed was the only thing present in the room.

we were both young, dumb, and we wanted each other.

my hands fiddled on her jean shorts to unzip them, and i did. i reach into her swimsuit, and she went insane.

music filled the room. her moans were the best music i've ever heard in years. my heart thumped as she clutched the sheets, a push of adrenaline rushed through my body.

"fuck!" she screams and i smirk. seeing her like this made me excited, at the same time i just wanted to make her feel good.

i undo her top, and i kissed all the way up her body, like i did 2 years ago after going skinning dipping in my pool.

"baby i feel something coming." she whimpers out, tears at the verge of her eyes. my eyes glow and i nod.

"do it for me babygirl," and with that last push, she came clean on my fingers.

her chest heaved up and down, we were both still technically fully clothed.

"i love you," she mutters and her eyes fluttered shut. "i love you so much."

i don't reply because i know that she's lying.

-emma-

i woke up, tired, legs sore, and i find the bed empty.

the thick covers on my body- i look down and see that i'm naked.

"hi beautiful," olivia says, entering the room. "took your jeans out to wash and dry. they were completely wrecked."

"thanks for last night," i try not to make it awkward. she nods.

"it's what my babygirl deserves," she smiles and kisses the top of my head.

"olivia?" i look at her. "can you say it?"

"i love you," she says without hesitation. "i love you, emma chamberlain."

"how'd you know?" i smile. "god i love you."

"i know you well," she pulls me upright, and brings me to the bathroom. "now go prepare for the day. there's a lot to do."

----

"how are we going to tell dan?" olivia and i were on the porch that lead up to the beach. we had a full day off, and we figured that we should talk about serious events.

"leave it to me," she looks off into the distance. "do you not trust me?"

"i do," i say and i recieve a text.

hi babe, how are you doing in fiji?

"who's that?" olivia asks, curious. i shake my head.

im great! how are you? imyyyy

i send the message. a sharp pain runs across my chest, while olivia untangles my hair from behind.

imy2, maybe ill squeeze in a facetime call?

i should talk to him, it would make everything less suspicious.

maybe now or tonight?

i try to be as eager as possible, and he doesn't respond. me being scared, i decided to call him.

"hey dan?" i ask through the phone, my voice trying the best not to quiver.

no reply. there was loud music, and a lot of noise.

"dan? are you at a club? it's literally 2 in the afternoon?"

still no reply.

"hii," a drunk female voice says. "baby dan says you're cheating on him with a chick. lesbian alert!" she burst into a fit of giggles, and my heart swells with anger.

"WE'RE BREAKING UP!" i scream into the phone and the line cuts.

i turn to olivia and i start crying. she leads me back into the hotel.

"tell me everything before i go beat that bitch up." she grimly mutters and it tell her about the phone call.

"that son of a bitch!" she was breathing deep and even, as if she was about to punch someone.

"well you don't have to do any explaining now," i try to look on the bright side.

"have you ever loved him?" she blurts out and i look at her.

"would you be mad if i said yes?" i murmur and her face turns sour.

flashback

"let's live a great life," he says as we laid on the picnic blanket watching the sun rise. "i meant together. like with kids and everything."

i nod, not that eager. i had a past i had to put down first.

"i wanna call my child olivia," i stare into the distance. everything i thought about was about olivia.

was i ever in love?

"ooh," he gushes over my choice without knowing the backstory. "i wanna call mine alfred." i smile.

"olivia and alfred." i laugh.

"basic white kid names," he laughs back and he wraps his hands around me. i willingly sink into his embrace.

"i love you, and you don't have to say it back." he mutters into my scalp.

good, because i wasn't planning to.

but at that moment, i felt loved again, the hole in my heart seems to be filled, but the feeling was temporary.

end of flashback.

she sighs and i turn my head.

"just remember i love you more than anything i would love in this world." i say as i walk towards the door.

"i'll see you at dinner." i pause. "babe."