~16~

-emma-

"hey, it's your birthday tomorrow," olivia smiled at me and i smile back. "aren't you excited? you can finally legally drink."

"i guess," i shrug. "drinking isn't a big deal for me, it just means i grew another year older."

"but aren't you excited?" her smile grows wider. "i have things planned for your dumbass."

"i'm intrigued." i raise my eyebrows. "entertain me. what do you have in store?"

"it's all a secret, and the present is clear." she winks.

"you." i end her sentence surely, and she shrugs, confirming my answer.

"let's pack. get some rest on the plane. we have a long day tomorrow."

----

i don't remember what happened in between, but i woke up with the smell of eggs and vegan sausage in the air.

my hands search for what i've been waking up with for the past 12 days, and i realise that she wasn't here.

"OLIVIA!" i yell, and what appeared by the doorway wasn't olivia.

"hey," jacob says in a grim face. "i wanna talk."

----

"two years ago i sent you a picture that i took of olivia, that i was commanded to label: from madi. i got payed like 50 bucks to do that, and i thought it was a harmless joke that wouldn't do that much to break you guys up, so i did it. for the money. nothing else."

"you're sick," i feel myself heating up. "that's your sister! how dare you."

"not actually," his eyes hold sorrow. "step-sister."

"still," i insist. "you guys are somehow related."

"that's the only thing i know about the breakup. i didn't know what was happening for this whole. olivia refused to tell me what happened. she locked herself in her room for like a week." he continued. "barely ate anything. you broke her heart."

"you helped the breakup." i state. he shakes his head.

"it wasn't intentional. i did it for the money." he states back. "i'm in no place to say this, but she's really in love with you dude, don't break her heart again."

my throat was stuck. my brain flushed with anger. i wanted to yell at him, but i couldn't. he got up and left.

"morning." i look up and see olivia at the door, holding a tray in her hands. "how are you right now?"

"i think i'm about to break." i frown. "but i think i want that food in your hand." she laughs.

"classic emma chamberlain." she smiles and sets the tray in my hands. "made you breakfast in bed. you know, birthday girl girlfriend duties." i smile.

"girlfriend duties," i smile and i bite down on my hard boiled eggs.

"my recipe," she shrugs. "it's not your favourite but it's mine."

"it tastes good to me," i chew. "where are we going next?"

"anywhere you want to go." she examines me. "you look pretty."

"that was off topic," she jokes. "i wanna go to the fields." she seems taken aback.

"the fields is where we're gonna go then." she smiles weakly and i finish my breakfast.

----

"SHE KNOWS WHAT IM THINKING ABOUT," olivia screams the lyrics to sweater weather as she grips the wheel.

"AND WHAT I'M THINKING ABOUT," i scream back to her. my feet were lounged up on the airbag, the song sinking into my ears.

"ONE LOVE, TWO MOUTHS," she screams.

"ONE LOVE, ONE HOUSE," i scream back.

"NO SHIRT NO BLOUSE!" we both yell out together and we laugh.

"i love you," she repeats. "i love you, i love you, i love you."

"hey," i look at her as she takes her eyes off the road. "i love you too."

she continues to drive in her thick hoodie and no pants, we both look slacked off and tired, but it didn't matter to me. she looked beautiful, to me.

"my future wife." i smile at her and she gasps, her eyes growing wide.

"EMMA," she exclaims as she nearly swerves to the other side of the road. "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?" her eyes hold genuine happiness and enthusiasm.

"why not?" i smirk and she throws her hands up. "you're my wife since day one."

"babe," she pouts, but it was clear she was happy. "i might be the happiest woman alive right now."

----

"remember how we talked about running away when we were younger?" olivia reminices. "we weren't young either. "i was like, i dunno. eighteen?"

"nah," i picked at some grass on the ground. "i think we were a year younger than that."

"look at us now. my wifey." she sang and i roll my eyes playfully.

"not yet your wifey," i tease, and she laughed.

"not yet." she agrees.

"where are we actually going tonight?" i laid back on the grass, my hoodie already feeling wet by the grass moisture.

"i'm taking you drinking at the bar i got my first shot at." she doesn't lay down like she used to. "then you're doing me. or i'm doing you. really depends on the mood."

"i'm top." i start the argument.

"not this again." she roll my eyes. "you'll never be top. i'm top."

"nonsense," i exclaim. "i'll prove it." i get on top of her and i lean real close.

"i don't think so," she licks my lips and flips the both of us, now i'm at the bottom and she's on top. her hand trails from my waist to my neck, her fitting her hand around my neck.

"you look good," olivia hold my neck in place with her hand. "like hot."

"kinky," another voice says and we both turn.

"amanda?" both olivia and i say in sync.