15. Pinch Me

Upon waking up the next morning it takes a hell of a lot of convincing to remind myself that last night was real. The boy I've been crushing on for as long as I can remember actually likes me back. It had to be a dream and yet, it was real. We had actually come to a mutual understanding where our feelings were concerned and we had kissed. I pinch myself again just to make sure I'm awake before finally climbing out of bed.

I quickly change, opting for a small dash of make-up before heading downstairs where I find Liam enthralled in a phone call while my crush is nowhere to be seen. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Where could he be?

"I miss you too" Liam tells the person on the other side of the call and suddenly I'm a lot less concerned with wherever Caleb is and I'm much more interested in my brother's conversation.

I'm still standing by the banister so I doubt he can see me, so, I take that to my advantage and listen in. "No, no. Of course I haven't seen any girls while I've been here...well besides my sister" he jokes. I roll my eyes. Usually my brother was smoother than peanut butter but whoever this girl was that he was talking to had him scrambled like an egg. "Iz, I promise." Isabelle. I remember now, my brother's Hannah. I had teased him about her not that long ago. "Why would I want to see her anyway?" he asks and my eyebrows furrow.

Who were they talking about?

"What are you doing?" I jump, turning around instantly to come face to face with the boy I was locking lips with only a few hours ago and slap him. "Ow" he groans, rubbing his bicep. "What the hell Matthews?" Notably, he had dropped the little from my nickname.

"I gotta go" Liam says into his phone and I purse my lips as my brother walks into the living room to find both me and Caleb on the steps. "How long were you standing there?" he demands, glaring at me.

"Oh" Caleb says, drawing out the word. "That's why you hit me." As if there would be another reason I hit him. "Sorry Sky" he chuckles, kissing my cheek before brushing past me to head to the kitchen. Liam quirks an eyebrow at the quick display of affection and I grow agitated that I'm now going to have to spill all my secrets to him before he has to tell me about his phone call and the mysterious girl he's evidently meant to stay away from.

"What was that?" Liam asks, crossing his arms over his chest cockily. I groan, moving off the steps and heading into the living room.

"That was nothing. Who are you supposed to be avoiding?" I ask, hoping to steer this conversation in my favor but Liam isn't seemingly to take the bait.

"Uh uh" he disagrees, sitting on the coffee table across from the couch. "I don't think so baby sister. Spill it or I tell you nothing." I groan, looking over my shoulder to make sure the object of my affection isn't in ear shot and turn back to face my brother.

"Something may have happened last night after he got home" I admit. My brother's eyes light up and I chuckle. It doesn't fail to amuse me that just days ago he was standing by Jackson's side with pitchforks ready to kill Caleb if he so much as laid a hand on me but now suddenly, he was number one in our fan club.

"Details please" he replies and I open mouth to reply when footsteps pound down the steps. I immediately know who they belong to without looking up so, I purse my lips and stand up, ending my conversation with Liam and heading into the kitchen.

"Morning" Jackson grins, clasping his hands and stretching them behind him as he effectively cracks his back and probably a few more parts of his body that I can't decipher sound from.

"Good morning" Caleb replies, already stuffing his face with Lucky Charms. A marshmallow clings to his chin but I can't reach out and help him like I'd like to, so, instead I sit beside him and chuckle.