Chapter 15

Without further ado, I present to you the long waited chapter and the songs I chose for it.

Night Changes~ One Direction (OFF THE NEW ALBUM THAT IS MY FAVE ALBUM)

Better Days~ Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Mess Is Mine~ Vance Joy

"Lilli, we need to explain somethings to you" Emily started and I nodded along, then stood beside her as she sat down on Lilli's bed.

"Yeah, you do" Lilli agreed as she sat with her legs crossed.

"We moved to California when you were seventeen. Lilli it's October 31, 2014. You're 18" Emily told her slowly and her eyes went wide.

"I-I don't remember moving or an-" Lilli started but Emily cut her off.

"I know, I know. You and Harry have been dating for a year or so. Niall and you broke up when you were sixteen honey. I know you don't remember but you have to know these things at least" Emily told her and she looked to me and I nodded as she walked out, leaving us.

"So almost two years?" Lilli asked with a smile and I smiled at her confidence, even back then.

"Surprising?" I asked her and she merely nodded. "I want you to know that right now we're friends, nothing more. I'm not rushing you into anything, I'll be by your side this whole time though, I promise. Also I don't mean to bother you but I have some people you need to re-meet, if you're up to it?" I was praying she'd say yes and she smiled a little.

"I-I'm always up for something" she told me and I just chuckled at her, then we walked out of her room.

She still wasn't used to this house, I could tell as we walked down the stairs. Emily was downstairs and smiled at us as we walked out.

"She didn't ask me where I was going" Lilli muttered, obviously surprised.

"Well, you are an adult" I countered with a laugh and she hit me on the arm.

"How did we meet?" Lilli asked me and I smiled over at her.

I can remember it like it was yesterday.

"Well in music class we had a project to do and the teacher called on us to pick our partners, it was your first day and I picked you. There was something about you that just drew me to want to talk to you. Me getting picked to pick first was sheer luck and it gave me the opportunity. You were a little hesitant at first to be partners with me, but I mean it all worked out in good time" I explained the meeting to her and she nodded along.

"Didn't you like try to kiss me?" Lilli asked and I blushed a little.

"Uh, y-yeah I guess I did but you wouldn't let me. You kinda broke my heart that night" I joked about the last part and she laughed at me.

"I don't kiss when I've known you for hours" Lilli told me with a smile.

"Sorry, sorry, but it seems to me like it all worked out in the end" I apologised and gave her a small smile as I parked the car in front of our house, although she doesn't know about it yet. I opened her door and she got out, then stared up at the house.

"Whose house is this?" Lilli asked in awe and I smiled at her.

"Ours."

Lilli's POV

I moved in with a guy I'd been dating for a year?

What is wrong with older me?

"Woah" I mumbled as we walked up to the door.