Chapter 24

Theo^^

Liam's POV

I hastily drop my stuff and rush back down to the living room to where everybody but Michael and Ethan are.

"Um... where's E?" I ask quietly.

"I think he's in his room, helping Mike set up the air mattress there." Theo replies, taking a sip of water. I thank him and head back upstairs to Ethan's room where I see Ethan and Michael unrolling a giant air mattress.

"Hey Li. If you need help I'll come in a second, I just need to set this up first." Ethan says distractedly, trying to wrestle the air pump out of the depths of his closet.

I was really contemplating just saying it out loud right then and there, but Michael's presence was enough for me to keep my mouth shut. It just felt a little embarrassing to kick up a fuss about having to share a bed with Rowan to... Rowan's best friend...

I waited a couple minutes while Ethan set up the pump for the air mattress. Once the pump was slowly filling up the mattress with air, Ethan walked over with me to the guest room.

"So? What's up?" He asks.

I clear my throat, glancing at the floor, "you uh.. never mentioned it was a double bed." I mumble. I glance up at him and Ethan's eyes lit up.

"Oh yeah! Sorry 'bout that. Is it a problem?" He asks innocently, smiling at me.

"I... suppose not." I sigh, my heartbeat increasing at the thought of sleeping next to Rowan.

"Great! Oh, just a precaution here Li." He says, his voice turning serious.

"No sex."

Really? Sometimes I get an urge to smack him, but I can't do that. That's rude.

Of course my cheeks burn as soon as he says it.

"I- we're not- there's no way-" I sputter, my hands fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"Sure sure." Ethan grins at me before leaving the room. My cheeks are still hot. I hate that I blush so easily.

I move my stuff to a corner of the room, unpacking my pajamas and toiletries. Checking my phone, I see that it's already almost one in the morning.

I decide to get ready for bed, brushing my teeth and washing my face, etc. Thankfully I showered earlier in the day so there's no need for me to shower here. I've always felt weird showering in bathrooms that aren't at home.

I head downstairs to the living room. Everyone's just talking, relaxed. Some have water or juice in their hands, but no alcohol thankfully. I feel weird now if I announce that I'm heading to bed. Everyone else, including Michael, is sitting and talking. At least I didn't change into my pajamas yet.

I decide to sit down and talk with them for a little bit. It wouldn't hurt, right? Just a while before I say I'm going to bed...

-

We end up talking for about an hour.

I really don't know what happened, but by the time I checked the time it was already two in the morning, and suddenly my tiredness hit me like a bunch of bricks.

"Um, sorry guys, but I'm really tired. I think I'm going to head to-" I'm embarrassingly cut off by a yawn.

"Yeah, no problem Li. Goodnight." Brie smiles warmly. Everyone else echoes her goodnight, and I say it once before heading upstairs to the guest bedroom.

Since I've already gotten ready for bed and didn't eat anything (I only had a glass of water), I decide to go straight to sleep. I change into my pajamas in the bathroom (just an old shirt that's a little big and some shorts) and crawl into bed after turning off the lights.