Chapter 28

Mike and Rowan's apartment ^^

Liam's POV

Theo and I walk into the grocery store, looking for the items we need.

"What do you think we should cook?" I ask.

"Hmm, well Michael can do basic cooking, so we will probably need something relatively easy if we want to teach them how to make it. What about Rowan?"

I clear my throat, "Rowan... can't cook. At all."

"...alright then. Something super easy and healthy."

A quick google search for ideas brings us to a honey garlic glazed salmon with a guacamole salad for dinner.

After a relatively quick shopping trip Theo and I head on back to Michael and Rowan's apartment.

"Do you think... my height is... I dunno, bad?" I ask Theo quietly. He turns to look at me.

"In what sense?"

"I just... I don't feel... I guess I'm just trying to say that I feel like a kid, appearance wise. My face doesn't help either."

"There's nothing wrong with that. It's going to be handy in your forties and fifties."

"I feel like I look 16 or something."

Theo levels me with a look, "you're looking for someone's opinion in particular, aren't you?"

I feel my face flush, "I- um- yeah, maybe." I mutter. Suddenly the floor is very appealing to look at.

"You do know that Rowan really cares for you right? No matter what you look like, he fell for you because of your character, not just your looks."

"But how do you know that? I feel like I hold him back somehow, when I look this way. I dunno. I'm being stupid."

"We're going to go back, and ask him his opinion-" My eyes widen at what Theo's saying, "-and you're going to see that he loves you no matter what you look like."

"Don't do that!" I protest. What if he actually doesn't like the way I look? That would really hurt. I don't want to find out.

"Then you gotta stop doubting yourself. You're an amazing person, Liam, and I really wish you would see that." Theo responds softly.

I gaze down at my feet in response, my shoulders sagging a bit. 

We reach the apartment and see Rowan and Michael lounging on the couch, chatting.

"You're back!" Michael smiles, heading over to take the groceries from us, giving Theo a kiss. I've noticed the amount of PDA between those two shoot up drastically whenever they're... not in public. It's cute.

Theo and Michael decide to tackle the salmon while Rowan and I made the guacamole salad. 

"Okay, I'm going to measure out everything, and the rest should be pretty okay for you. Just mixing and cutting up ingredients. Sound good to you?" I ask Rowan.

"Yeah, that sounds good, thanks. Just uh-" he clears his throat, "I don't entirely trust myself with a knife." 

I let out a chuckle, bumping him gently, "no worries. No one's amazing when they first start out. Go slow, I'll help you through it." 

We managed to guide both of them through it, both dishes actually coming out nicely by the end. We all ate hungrily, pleased at the taste of the delicious food.

"This is great. We should do this more often." Michael says, a sated expression on his face.

"Yeah, it's fun." Theo smiles.

After dinner, Theo glanced at me, subtly gesturing towards Rowan. He wants me to talk to Rowan.

"Hey Rowan, Liam's got a question for ya. Come on Michael, let's leave them be." Theo gets up, tugging his boyfriend towards his bedroom.

Damn, I can't believe he just did that to me.

"What's up Li?" Rowan asks from his spot on the couch, pressed up next to me with his hands embracing my waist.

"I- Do I look stupid?" I mutter out quietly, not knowing how to properly phrase it.

Rowan is silent for a heartbeat before sighing.

"No. Absolutely not. Baby, you look amazing. Absolutely adorable and handsome and attractive." He kisses my forehead and I sag into his warm embrace.

"It's just, I look like I'm 16." I mutter, my voice partially muffled by Rowan's chest.

"Doesn't matter what you look like. I still love you."

"Are you sure?"

"I am 100% positive. I love you the way you are." 

A smile graces my lips as I lean up to kiss Rowan on the lips. He's a little surprised but easily smiles back. I don't usually initiate displays of affection like kissing or saying, 'I love you'. 

"Thank you," I murmur quietly, relishing in the happiness I feel.

"No need to thank me at all. This is all you. All of the you that I fell in love with."

Honestly, how did I get so lucky? How did I find such... a perfect match?

It doesn't matter, because now that I've found him, I'm not going to let him go.

Completed December 27 2019 at 5:49pm