Chapter 18

Theo^^

Liam's POV

"He?" I ask softly. I thought Rowan was... straight.

"Yeah. I'm bi. I thought you knew, sorry."

"No it's- it's not something you have to tell me anyway. It's a personal thing. I get it." I send him a small smile. I feel my heart start to race. He's bisexual. Does this mean he could possibly like me too? No, that's stupid. He's your friend. He has standards.

"Well,  you know now..."

"Yeah. Uh, is that why your parents-" I shut my mouth immediately with an audible clack. God, that's such a terrible thing to ask. I can't just ask if someone's sexuality is the reason they don't get along with their parents.

"Why my parents and I don't really get along? Yeah. In my second year of uni I told them and they got really mad. Anyway, they were really nasty and it was a dark time."

"That sounds terrible, I'm sorry you had to go through that." I mumble, remembering how crushed I felt when my mum ignored me for a couple of weeks. Imagine your parents calling you a slut. I couldn't imagine-

"Yeah, well, it is what it is. I started to campaign for the LGBTQ community in fourth year, and honestly? Some of the stories I've heard are... really bad." He sighs.

"It's really good of you to stand up for the LGBTQ community, with the amount of discrimination and everything..." 

We stand in silence for a little bit.

Rowan hums, "This is random but, do you have photos of your cat?"

"Oh!" My eyes light up. I love talking about Bella! Well, to the people I'm comfortable talking to, anyway. "Yeah, one second. I have tons."

I scroll through the photos in my phone for pictures of Bella.

"Here's this one. We were relaxing in the backyard and I think she fell asleep." I gleefully explain as I show him the photo.

"Oh, she's adorable

"Oh, she's adorable." Rowan grins, "How old is she? Since you said you got her when you were five, she's... 16?"

"Yeah! She's 16." I nod.

"I managed to get this super cool shot of her with a professional camera once." I say proudly, showing Rowan another photo.

" I say proudly, showing Rowan another photo