Bonus Chapter: Meet the parents

Rowan's Parents^

Part 1!

Liam's POV

I rub my hands together. They're getting more and more clammy as time goes by. I look into the mirror, double checking my outfit for any creases- a simple button up and slacks. Taking a deep breath, I tear my gaze away from the mirror and head to the door, patting my pockets to make sure I have everything. Keys, wallet, phone... yep.

My eyes drift to the gift I have prepared for Rowan's parents...

A beautiful bouquet of flowers with an envelope taped to the front. Inside it is a $50 gift card to some fancy store I searched up. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing.

The doorbell rings and Bella lets out a small 'mrrow' in response. She's getting older, so she doesn't really react anymore when the doorbell rings.

I open the door and greet Rowan, who insisted on picking me up.

"Hi," he smiles, eyeing the gift that's sat on the table.

"This is for your parents. Do you think they'll like it?" I ask, chewing on my lip. Rowan gently takes my hand.

"Honestly, I don't think they'll like anything you'll give them. They're stuck up and stubborn. Don't take anything they say to heart, because you're a wonderful person and that is a very thoughtful gift."

"Oh, okay." I say, feeling a little hurt, but at least he was honest.

He gives me a small kiss on the cheek before gently taking my hand and leading me to the car.

-

By the time we get there, my hands are sweating really badly. My stomach feels like it's going to fall out of my body, and that I'm going to vomit at the same time.

"I don't know if I can do this." I mutter to Rowan, noting the tremble in my voice.

"You can, baby. You can. You're the most amazing, caring person, and if my parents don't see that... well, frankly, fuck them. It's not like I get along with them much anyway." Rowan murmurs in response. I take a deep breath to try to calm myself before Rowan and I exit the car and head into the large mansion.

We step into the house and I recognize Kaylee sitting on a couch with a man next to her. Rowan gently takes the gift from me and places it on top of a table nearby.

"Hey! Rowan! Liam!" She grins, standing up and heading over. The man walks over as well.

"This is my boyfriend, Alistair. Liam, Alistair. Alistair, Liam. Rowan's boyfriend." Kaylee gestures vaguely at the two.

"Hey, how are ya?" He greets us with a thick Scottish accent, extending a hand towards me. I take it.

"I'm good thanks, how about yourself?"

"I'm pretty good." He sends me a friendly smile before turning to Rowan.

"Ah, Sponge! Long time no see." He chuckles, patting Rowan on the back sharply.

"Nice to see you too, Vodka." Rowan smirks back. I look to Kaylee in confusion.

"When they first met, Rowan came into the house absolutely soaked. It was storming outside. Alistair was also terribly drunk on vodka, the only alcohol he likes. Rowan's original nickname was 'wet sponge', which Alistair drunkenly came up with himself, but it's just been shortened to 'Sponge' now. Don't worry too much about it, I don't really get it either."

I nod slowly, unsure what to do with this information.

"So, Julia couldn't make it for whatever reason, and mom and dad are coming in around 20 minutes from another meeting." Kaylee says to Rowan, who lets out a small sigh before nodding.