Chapter 15

Liam's Parent's House Entrance ^^

Liam's POV

The next day, I sit in my living room glancing at the walls. Mum just put up some new paintings. I must admit they do look quite nice.

Sitting on the couch, I reflect on the events that occurred yesterday at Rowan's house

Sitting on the couch, I reflect on the events that occurred yesterday at Rowan's house. It seemed like he doesn't exactly love living with his family. It must be hard, especially since his parents don't seem to be the most... caring.

I know I was a complete mess when my mum didn't accept me, when she wasn't as friendly. I wonder what his parents are like. Rowan said they were both on a business trip, so they must be very immersed into their work. 

Rowan said he has two older sisters. Both are doctors. One has opened her own walk-in clinic and has moved out of their parent's house already. The second one is currently a surgeon who's in the process of moving out of their parent's house. 

It does pique my interest as to what caused him and his parents to drift so far apart, it just seems so bitter. It's none of my business though, so I shouldn't dwell on it.

The thought of meeting Rowan's parents one day- even as a friend -personally terrifies me. What if they're cold and... unfriendly? 

I'm broken out of my thoughts when Bella comes over and leaps onto the couch next to me, walking onto my lap. I pet her and she starts purring, leaning into me. 

"I wonder if Rowan would like you." I murmur to her. She meows in return.

"Who's Rowan?" I look up, startled to see mum walking in with a cup of tea in hand.

"Uh... a... friend." I say. I'm not wrong. He is a friend. A very attractive friend whom I have a majorly huge crush on- No! I should stop thinking like that.

"A friend? From university? How come I've never heard his name?" Mum asks curiously, sipping her tea as she sits down.

"Um, new friend. Yeah I met him at university, through Theo and..." I trail off, realizing that mum doesn't know about Michael either.

"And...?" 

"Um, Theo's.... boyfriend. Michael." 

"I see. Just... a friend?" 

"Mum! Of course he's just a friend! Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm going to like every male I encounter!" I blurt out. Too quickly. Way to quickly.

"... Alright then. Just curious." She smiles sweetly. I breathe a small sigh of relief.

"So, that car that dropped you off late at night yesterday after you were at... a friend's. Was that Rowan?" She inquires, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"You... saw that. I thought you'd be... sleeping." I say nervously. 

"Well, of course I'm going to make sure my son is coming home safe, aren't I? You don't go out late often. In fact, this is probably one of the first times you've come back so late. I have every right to be concerned."