Chapter 7

TAYLOR'S POV

It was 10 minutes before the game starts and the teams started to line up in the tunnel. The announcer announced the teams and they started to sing the national anthems.

They shook hands after the anthem and went to their benches. Kelley came over once again and gave me a big bear hug.

"You better put on a show for me.." I said looking at her with my arms still on her shoulders. "For you?... Always." She said and gave me a final big hug and jogged to her position.

The game started and we had the ball first. Australia was really pressuring us but the defenders kept them out of the box.

It was the 35th minute and Australia had the ball with Sam Kerr running up the field. She was about to cross the ball into the box but out of no where Kelley came and did her famous slide tackle. She knocked Kerr on her feet and she was NOT having it.

She started to get all up in Kelley's face but she ignored her. She just turned around and walked away.

In the 45+ extra time Kerr got in the box and Ellie sent in a perfect cross to her. She headed it and it just got past Alyssa's hands. The whistle blew and that was the end of the first half. Australia was up by 1.

Kelley looked irritated as she walked off the field and into the tunnel heading to the locker room.

Second half rolled around and the US came back with a bang, they already scored in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Kelley sent in a perfect cross for Alex and she put it away in the back of the net.

That's when I decided to get out the poster I made for Kelley, this was really the perfect time to. It read HEY AUSTRALIA!! LOOK OUT #5 IS GOING TO TACKLE THE SHIT OUTTA YOU!!!

I screamed and jumped up and down as they scored their goal. Kelley saw me with the poster and pointed at me.

It was now the last 20 seconds in the second half extra time. The scores are still tied. Australia had the ball and once again Kelley stole the ball from them and sent it upfield towards Alex.

Alex was alone and she was having a 1v2 with the defenders. Kelley reacted and sprinted up field towards the box. Alex saw her and chipped the ball to Kelley.

There was 3 seconds left, the crowd went silent and I rose to my feet. Kelley connected her head with the ball. The ball hit the back of the net and the crowd went wild. We just won and Kelley's team mates started jumping on her and their bench went and added to the pile of jumping players.

She broke free from them and came running towards me. She jumped the railing and hugged the living crap out of me. I hugged her just as tight. "That one was for you." She said to me while hugging me. I pulled away a little with my hand still around her neck. She smiled at me. "I told I'd put on a show for you" She said with the biggest smile a person could ever see. I pulled her back into the hug "You did really amazing out there Kells. I'm proud of you" I said. "Come onto the field with me. Melissa can come to if she'd like to"

"Of course" I said giving her a big smile. She jumped the railing first then Melissa then me. She lead me to the team and they welcomed us. "You guys ruled out there" Melissa said excited like a little kid in a candy store. "Yeah you guys did really amazing" I added. We received a bunch of thank yous.

Kelley took my hand and led me away from the team. She sat on their bench and started taking off her cleats, socks and shins. "Thank you for coming Taylor, it really meant a lot to me." She said looking up to me.

"The pleasure is all mine and thank you for inviting us. I'm proud of you. You never gave up and you kept on pushing yourself to do better. I could see it in your performance" I commented her. She looked down and I saw a blush creeping up on her cheeks.

When she was done putting away her stuff she led me back onto the field and we sat down with some of the team. We talked about the game and laughed at jokes.

A few minutes later Jill said to get their stuff, they need to go back to the hotel.

Kelley walked me to my car with Melissa following behind talking to Sonnet.

"Thank you for coming once again. Oh and I REALLY liked your poster." She said excited. "I only wrote the truth" I said shrugging. She opened the door for me and before I got in she pulled me into a hug.

"Goodnight you dork. Sleep tight" She said with a little giggle. "Goodnight you goof. Get some rest." I said and laughed at her expression.

"Drive save" She said. "I will" and with that we drove home.

God I miss her already...

THERE YOU GO GUYS. THE DUBBLE UPDATE. I HOPE YOU ENJOY.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT....

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS JUST MESSAGE/COMMENT ME....