Chapter 41

TAYLOR'S POV

A few weeks has passed by and today is the NWSL final. Utah made the cut after a very close penalty shootout against Washington Spirit. Today they face off against Chicago Red Stars on their home turf.

The starting line ups were now lining up to sing the anthem. After the anthem they came over and do some last minute stuff before the game starts. Kelley is on the starting line up and I quickly go over to her. "Go kick ass the way you always do, I'm proud of you and I believe in you," I say. She smiles at me and brings me in for a brief hug. She pulls away and we do our little handshake we thought about a while ago.

She runs off to take her place on the field and the referee blows his whistle shortly after.

*****************************************

"What the fuck?! Come on ref!" A very angry Amy yells from the bench as the referee called a foul, giving a free kick to the Red Stars. Julie took it an luckily it got cleared out of the circle.

Time is running out as I look at the clock. The score is still tied at 0. With the three minutes of extra time left the game got more intense and the tackles more dangerous. Christen is making a run up field with the ball when Julie went in to defend. Chris was on the line with Julie pressuring her from behind. Julie got a slight touch on the ball and it was a corner for Utah.

"Come on make this one count," I mumble to myself. Kelley was somewhere in the mix while Chris got ready to kick the ball. She nodded her head and I see Kelley doing the same. Chris lifts her arm and approach the ball. She kicks it making it curve perfectly and out of nowhere Kelley dove torwards the ball, heading it. She falls to the ground, but quickly get up when the ball hits the back of the net.

"Fuck yeah!" I read her lips as she runs to celebrate with her teammates. The staff and players on the bench all celebrate together. I clap my hands and watch her as she runs back to our half. She looks over to the bench and points to me adding a wink. I smile at her still clapping.

The rest of the game consisted of Utah trying to block out the ball from getting into the box and doing so successfully and within a matter of minutes the ref blew his whistle. The players took off to the other players on the field with some of the staff following close behind.

Kelley came running towards me and I catch her as she jumps into my arms. "You fucking did it! I knew you could do it lief," I say as I hold her tight against me. "I'm so, so proud of you," I say looking into her eyes. She pulls me in for a kiss and I feel the team jump on us. "Kelley O'fucking-Hara, you magnificent beast! You did it!" LaBonta says as she jumps up and down with the rest of the team.

"Go celebrate with them. I'm not going anywhere," I say to her. "I love you," She says to me. "I love you too," I say and she runs off with her teammates. They walk around the stadium clapping for their fans and signing some of their stuff or taking pictures.

After they were done the medals was given out and the trophy was lifted. Confetti cannons went off as the team lifted the trophy followed by the girls spraying each other with champagne.

The staff all went into the locker room to get the cans of water and Gatorade to throw over the players as they walk into the room. It didn't take long for them to arrive and almost all of them were soaked. The girls all went crazy and champagne was sprayed all over the locker room.

"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NO TIME FOR LOSERS CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!" They all sing at the top of their lungs. Kelley filled the trophy with beer I it and took a big sip out of it and before you know it the whole team did the same.

"Well done on your first win coach," I say to Craig and I quickly step aside. Press and Corsie dumped water over him. "Congrats coach!" They all screamed. He laughed and clapped his hands. "Speech!" The majority of them yells. He chuckles and nods his head.

"What a season. I have to say I didn't expect my first season as your new coach to go like this, but I'm not complaining. We worked hard to get this far and it sure as hell payed off. I'm proud of each and everyone of you ladies, you never gave up even when the odds were against us. Thank you to the staff for keeping this team in top shape and thank you girls for one hell of a season. To many more seasons to come. So here's to kicking ass!" He says and lifts his beer. "To kicking ass!" They all yell and take a sip of their beer. "One more thing ladies, go celebrate and have fun, but please be careful and look after yourselves and remember our flight back to Utah leaves at eleven am!" With a few more cheers the music starts again with the girls dancing.

The celebration died down soon after and the girls all got ready to go out for the night. "There's my sexy girlfriend," I hear Kelley as she stops in front of me. I smile at her and lean in for a kiss. "Hey lief," She wraps her one arm around my waist while the other is holding her beer. "You look beautiful," I say as I look at her outfit she's wearing. "Thank you," She says as I fix the collar of her jacket. "Some of us are going out to celebrate, do you want to come along?" She asks and I give her a smile. "I'm going to sit this one out, but go and have fun and please be safe." I say to her. "I will. You sure you don't wanna come along?"

"I'm sure, I'll meet you back at the hotel," I say and she smiles. "Okay. I love you," She leans in for a kiss. "I love you too," And with one final kiss she left with her teammates.

I took an Uber back to the hotel seeing as they arranged for the bus to take the players out to celebrate. It wasn't long before I was dropped off at the hotel. I made it to my room fairly quickly and got out of my clothes. I take a shower letting the warm water hit my skin as I feel my body relax. I wash up and get out, drying myself off and putting on my pajamas.

I climb into the bed and looked for something to watch on the TV. I decided on a movie, but it wasn't long before I dozed off.

************************************8

HEY GUYS! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER.

IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING JUST COMMENT OR LEAVE A MESSAGE.

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HEALTHY AND SAFE. STAY AWESOME!