Epiphany

After that day at the funeral, things started to slowly change to the better in many different ways.

Seokjin still had nightmares, he had two flashbacks in one month, one where his thoughts and memories overwhelmed him and one where he read an article about what happened to other people who were also kidnapped and if they got over everything or not but nothing major happened other than these two events.

Every week, Seokjin would go to a therapist twice. The first week, he refused to speak about what happened with him because even though he told six people, she wasn't on the same level as them or a person he could put a bit of  trust in at all, however every time she spoke to him with words on the same level as Jungkook's words, Seokjin would end up thinking about what she said at night instead of having the same old thoughts eating him away. Jae Hwa, the therapist managed to make Seokjin speak on his fifth visit but of course, Seokjin didn't tell her as much as he told his friends in one go.

The more Seokjin spoke and discussed his emotions during his time with Jae Hwa, the more help he got. She slowly managed to get the thought of being filthy or disgusting out of his mind and was still working on helping him get rid of the other dark thoughts so that he could hopefully fully recover one day.

Somewhere around the end of November, the members of bangtan started practicing again except for Seokjin who stayed in his parents place for a week and a few days, he apologized for not speaking with them at all and for worrying them,he assured them that he was all fine and would start going back to practice with the others soon. 

At first, Seokjin's parents were against the idea of him going back to the idol life since after all, it's what placed him in danger but after a long talk which Seokjin needed to explain his feelings in, his parents couldn't help but agree to what Seokjin wants to do which was staying with his friends and busying himself with work until it goes back to being the biggest part of his life again so when Sejin drove the oldest to the company on the fourth of December after a long time of him not being there. Seokjin didn't even know it was his birthday that day until his friends made a surprise party for him after their dance practice. It was all planned, the day of when he comes back, the time and how the celebration will happen without him figuring out a thing.

That day, Seokjin was the most happy. He genuinely smiled and laughed with everyone, he played with them and together made a mess of the practice room he didn't think he'd ever miss being in so much.

Seokjin's schedule wasn't as tough as the others, he worked on regaining back his stamina and on his vocals at first before really going back to the hard dancing which happened at nearly the end of December which was the time of the year where important award shows aired.

Bangtan excused themselves from going to most of the shows however there was no way that the year would end without them attending even one so that's what happened after the long meeting about this topic. Six members of bangtan performed and accepted many awards in one night, no one spoke about anything related to Seokjin in their speech but they promised to come back better and stronger than before as seven in the next year and the future. It wasn't like Seokjin wasn't invited but it was that he didn't want to go, he didn't think that he was prepared to be on stage in front of so many people yet and no one pressured him into going. 

__

It was around the start of January that Seokjin could finally get the amount of sleep his body needed after being diagnosed with insomnia 49 days ago and even though the nightmares were less frequent, they would still visit him from time to time at night.

Twelve days into the first month of the year, it was agreed that they would continue working on the new album they left behind since it was finally time to do more than episodes for Run or videos for BangtanTv. Twitter and social media were not enough to keep a band up, they needed to do their main job.