Pain - Akutagawa Ryunosuke

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅
𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒅
𝑴𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅

Ξ
Akutagawa Ryunosuke

Pain

That's all I know. That's all I have. That's the only thing engraved to me that will never leave.

It's the only thing that life had permanently gifted to me.

I gripped the railings of the roof and screamed the inner agony of myself. A daily routine that I do after work.

I am just so tired.

Screaming the pain, the stress, the despise of my own self, I had created tears and they dropped endlessly like the flow of the water stream of a waterfall.

"You must protect these with your life, (Y/N)"

The boss of the company said as he thrusts out a folder, containing valuable and top secret documents of the company I work in. I looked at him and his wrinkled face was filled with utmost seriousness that I couldn't help but nod.

"The end of the company is near."

I didn't understand what he meant by that but I hugged the documents I had while the two of us stood there in the secret alley and under the dark night.

I sighed and my breathing hitched as I did. My anxiety attacks keep on getting worse than it did. I was getting in deeper in my own darkness and in my line of work.

All too much to take.

This time I didn't scream on that roof. Rather, someone else was also on that roof.

I looked at the other person and saw a guy, wearing a black coat and has an intimidating aura surrounding him. I stared at him and suddenly his eyes was plastered on me and I suddenly flinched.

I gulped, "Who-"

"You gonna scream again?"

He asks and looked at me blankly and I was shocked.

Was I so noisy? Was I being watched all the time?

"Don't take this the wrong way," he said "your voice can be heard in my range" and he suddenly disappeared in the darky misty night, leaving me dumbfounded.

What just... Happened?

I flinched when I heard a loud bang sound on the lower grounds of the building.

"We're surrounded! Run! Delete every information after backing it up! Guards! Protect (Y/N!)" the boss shouted and everyone was rushing to get things done.

I held my laptop and the documents close to me, hugging them. I was surrounded by guards and the boss walked towards me.

"You must escape, you're holding this company's heart, go through the escape routes, have the underground train transport you outside of Yokohama" he said and I nodded, running to his office and opening up the secret escape door.

The guards followed me and closed the door of the escape route. I ran as fast as I can while having a panic attack.

Focus (Y/N)

I bit my lip as I opened the door to the train. I opened the laptop and the documents as the guards had operated the whole thing. I saw the different gifted organizations that had been secretly secured to the laptop and the documents. All was from the government.

And the Port Mafia's mission is to take it all.

I sent the important files to my very trusted friend, Kunikida.

The documents contained the biggest devastation of Yokohama years ago and is to believed to happen again. I tried taking all of the information into capturing it with my phone but can't.

I knew that any time soon that I would be killed, knowing the Port Mafia's strength, I wouldn't even leave here alive.

I successfully deleted everything from the laptop and was about to rip the documents into shreds when I felt something stab through me, through my heart.

The thing that stabbed me left me and I heard footsteps in the train. I looked at the person and wasn't surprised.

This might be the answer to my everlasting pain

"Sorry"

The Port Mafia member, Akutagawa, said in my final breath.