Go on - Nathaniel Hawthorne

𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 (𝗬/𝗡) 𝗮𝗿𝗲 18. 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐 𝒐𝒏, 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆

Ξ
Nathaniel Hawthorne

The aesthetic rays of the horizon spreads throughout the sky, making a beautiful scenery that one would always stop at and take in the view in all amazement.

A certain girl stood on top of a cliff, taking in the diffused and pinkish colors of the sky, staring at it, emotionless. The light wind blowing to her face and her southern belle outfit that was black and white. Holding her parasol, she narrowed her eyes at nothing.

"Your majesty..."

A voice behind her said in slight hesitation. She turned around and looked at Margaret Mitchell biting her lower lip as she curtsied.

The lady before her- or rather- the ghost in front her stared only at her as Margaret's white and green dress touched the ground. (Y/N) gripped her parasol harder and spoke out,

"Why are you here?"

She spoke in a rather shaky voice which was the opposite of what she had expected. She wanted to let out a stern and hard voice but she couldn't, what could she do? Emotions built up and even though she was dead, it didn't mean that she would be as emotionless as one should be.

"I... apologize" Margaret said softly as she looked down on the ground, feeling (E/C) eyes stared down at her, "I had done something that you didn't request... but," she said, "I don't regret anything, your majesty"

(Y/N) smirked plainly, closing her parasol and putting the tip on Margaret's chin, forcing Margaret to look at her.

𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆...

She had her arm intertwined with Nathaniel's, them looking at the river in front of them. The silent breeze and the everflowing waves comforting them into silence.

(Y/N) looked at Nathaniel and smiled. They were 18, and they can be together.

Nathaniel looks at her and smiles, "What is it? You look pretty happy"

"I am happy," she says as she snuggles closer to Nathaniel, "because I'm with you, Nathan" she giggles at her given nickname to him.

Nathaniel's eye twitches, "You did not just say that"

"Oh but I did"

(Y/N) removed her arm from his and ran far away from him, sticking out her tongue and proceeding to run away. Nathaniel rose up from the grassy ground and ran after her, the sound of giggles and love filled the air.

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆...

"Milady, word has it that Sir Nathaniel shall be taking his leave for a month somewhere" says her royal guard.

Her eyes widen at the news and chased Nathaniel from the halls, not even once breaking a sweat.

"Nathaniel...!" she shouted as she ran to him as he walked away. The man stopped in his tracks and turned around to be greeted by the English princess.

The princess smiled at him when she saw him stop. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his left cheek which Nathaniel didn't expect. He knew that the royal was very fond of him, but he didn't expect that kind of action from her.

She smiled widely at him, satisfied by his reaction

"Come back, okay?"

He nodded, pink cheeks as he still wore that odd and surprised expression.

𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚...

"Your majesty! Retreat! They have already entered the castle gates!"

Margaret yelled as the (H/C) haired girl had panted out of running around. (Y/N) breathed raggedly, clutching the silver cross on her neck. She removed it and gave it to Margaret

"Your Majesty-"

"Give this to Nathaniel"

"B-But Your Majesty!"

She chuckled breathlessly, "I won't last long, Margaret... You know how weak I am right? This sickness just makes it difficult" she said with a smile, "I'll hold them off while you run away from here"

"Your Majesty, you can't just do this!" Margaret said, gripping hard on the cross as she stared at the already pale princess in front of her.

"Tell him that I love him and I will be watching over him" she said.

Margaret was about to protest but she was pushed by (Y/N) off to the strong stream of the river as (Y/N) faces off the terrorists herself and facing her ultimate end.

𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔...

Margaret gulped as the (H/C) haired female looked down at her. Her eyes widen at the sight of (Y/N) smiling while tears streamed down her face.

"Take care of Nathaniel, Margaret. Give him the love that I didn't give him. I command you to leave your doubts on loving him because of me" she said, "and I shall go now, knowing the truth and am comforted by his future with you. I trust you, Margaret"

And the late princess slowly vanished, with Margaret spilling out tears from her eyes.

-
𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆. 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆. 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚. 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔