Ballroom - Mark Twain

𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝗔𝗨
Hi everyone!! I'm so shocked that this already reached 18k reads, hoorayy!! Thank you for reading this book though it's always late on the updates and sometimes the boys are too oc, hehe!

By the way, how's your quarantine everyone? Always be safe and clean, and I think this would be the first AU oneshot I have in this book, please do enjoy mah boi Mark Twain's oneshot. ( ゚∀゚)ノ゙

-
Mark Twain

With the sound of her heels clanking on the marbled floors, she made her way to a certain room. Right, this was the place that always filled her with pleasant nostalgia. It was a pain though, why would she have any emotional attachment to a certain room and it's not even at her mother kingdom, so why?

Though she already knew the answer to that since ages.

Slowly opening the big entrance doors, she was greeted by an empty ballroom that didn't change since her last visit. She went in and eyed the whole room with a soft smile on her face. She took a deep breath and looked at a certain pillar, she stared at it for a long time and saw a glimpse of a certain ball that happened two years ago.

The certain queen looked back at the center and saw images of nobles and royalty alike, dancing to what the orchestra was playing.

Yes, on that day.

..

(Y/N) glanced at the room; people dancing and chatting with each other for who knows what reason. Probably some gossips since that's all what petty nobles can do— they had too many free time.

Well, not that she can complain. She as well have lots of free time herself but, she didn't waste it on idle gossip and fake friendships. Besides, having acquaintances or friends as they call it, was only for business. You got to have all the allies you can get, that was the general policy for those in the upper class.

She twirled the champagne filled glass in her hand, seemingly more interested at the drink rather than getting acquainted with people she didn't even care about. What matters to her is that she'll make through this boring ball without a hitch.

Just as she sipped her champagne, a male voice spoke behind the pillar she was leaning on.

"Now, now your majesty, why are you staying out of the spotlight? Got tired by some low class nobles?"

As she listened to his question, her gaze fell to the center of the ballroom, looking at the dancing people with different expressions on their faces. She smirked, "And why are you hiding yourself while asking royalty? Respect is a must, you know." she said, her back completely leaned on the pillar that separated her and the man she was talking to.

A low chuckle erupted on the man's chest, "I sincerely apologize," he said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone, "please punish this lowly peasant for disrespecting the future queen of (kingdom)."

With the male's last words, her eyes fell and uncertainty and sadness wavered in them. The sound of being queen was getting to her— it was a lot of pressure. Every single heir to the throne or a child of nobility and royalty must uphold reputations and live up to expectations. In her case though, leading a whole nation needed a strong and resilient leader, and because she was a woman, discrimination and doubts were directed to the Princess of (Kingdom), (Y/N) (L/N).

"A queen, huh."

They stayed silent for a minute, neither breaking the silence. The man stepped out from the darkness and revealed himself to her; a tall young man that was her age, dark orange hair that was groomed and combed to avoid any messy tangles. His green eyes were sharp and he wore a smirk.