If I Knew It Sooner Yutaro Kindaichi x Dead Chubby Reader

3rd Person's POV

(Y/N) Oikawa is the younger sister of Tooru Oikawa, she is a chubby girl with the same hair color of Tooru and (E/C) eyes, she is in second year of high school and the best friend of Yutaro Kindaichi which is also her first love. But he never sees her as a woman in (Y/N)'s perspective, she isn't that open to her feelings to anyone including her parents and her older brother. So she pretty much hides the illness called Hanahaki Disease, a disease that caused a one-sided love and can only be a cure when the person you love will love you back. This illness appeared on people with a one-sided love and some people die and people were rescued. (Y/N) doesn't have the time because hers is getting worse, she cough black petals with thorns and blood on them. Tooru was now curious even her family was curious because they will constantly hear (Y/N) wincing in pain and coughing in pain on the bathroom, and Tooru knew that (Y/N) has been in love with Yutaro since junior high. Today is one of those days that (Y/N) coughs constantly and never comes out of the bathroom, Tooru and (Y/N) are the only ones at home, their parents are away cause of business, Tooru heard the wincing and coughing again but with a cry and sob this time. As the older sibling and a dearest older brother, he knocked on the door while really really getting concern.

"(N/N)-chan? You okay? Are you having a fever?"Tooru asked as (Y/N) was shocked

"I-I-I'm fine!"(Y/N) said trying to sound cheerful but her voice cracked so that made Tooru opens the door but it's locked.

"I don't think so (N/N)-chan! Open the door or I'll kick this open!"Tooru said as he heard another cough and knowing (Y/N) won't open the door, he decided to kick it and quickly came in but stopped in his tracks when (Y/N) coughed the petals out of her mouth.

"(Y/N)!"Tooru said as he rushed towards her while she gulped

"N-n-nii-chan........"(Y/N) said as petals suddenly came out of her mouth along with blood.......

"(Y/N), hang on I'll call a ambulance!"Tooru said as (Y/N) smiled a bit

"I-I-I-I don't have time......nii-chan........t-tell......Y-Yutaro-kun.....*wince* that I-I-I love him......"(Y/N) said as Tooru called the ambulance and (Y/N) held onto him tight.

Oikawa's POV

(Y/N) please be okay! The doctor came and looked at me, Iwa-chan is here too.

"What happened doctor!?"I asked as he looked at me with a sad look

"I-I'm sorry........she died"he said as I looked at him

"Huh!? How!? What's her illness!?"I asked him while he stared at me

"You never knew what her illness was?"he asked as I looked at him in confusion

"What?"I asked as he sighed

"She constantly visits me for check ups. I thought she said it to you and your parents but I guess not, she got the Hanahaki Disease.......a illness that is only for people who has one-sided love"the doctor said as I looked at him

"That exists!?"I asked as he nodded

"Unfortunately yes........also before her illness got worse, she wrote something for all of you including your parents"the doctor said as a nurse gave me a pink and purple box which I took.

"C-c-can I see her?"I asked as Iwa-chan looked at me and nodded, the doctor walked away while seeing my younger sister so pale......lifeless.

"(Y/N)!"I shouted her name while kneeling down and crying as I heard Iwa-chan cry softly.

Yutaro's POV

I stared at the coffin of (Y/N), held the letter in my hand and my tears is contagious! Why? Why didn't you tell me (Y/N)? I love you, but why didn't you confess? Or why didn't I confess?

"(Y/N)........I-I-I-I'm sorry......."I said as I touched her coffin and I cried while holding the letter.

"Why am I such a coward......!?"I asked as everybody was staring at me and I didn't care........I cried and cried, she's the most precious thing I ever had.

"I-if only I knew.......(Y-Y-Y/N)....."I said as I kneeled down and cried

"If I only knew.......t-t-that you have caused with such worse illness.......I-I-I-I-I would've been there for you......"I said as my heart aches

"If y-y-y-you only said something.......a-a clue......I-I-I would've guessed it! (Y/N)......I love you so much......why?"I asked as I felt someone touching my shoulder.......Oikawa-san.

"She will be upset if you continue, Kindaichi"he said as I stood up and looked at the coffin were my first love is at.

"I-I-I will still love you no matter what (Y/N)........wait me in the next life......."I said as I wiped my tears and I smiled

"Don't think fully of yourself Kindaichi"Oikawa-san said as I bowed and apologized

"Sumimasen Oikawa-san but I really love your younger sister so I said that!"I said as I held the letter in my hand, suddenly a gust of wind was felt

"I love you too......Yutaro-kin.......and sure......let's meet again in the after life"I heard (Y/N)'s voice said as I smiled.

~Extra Ending~

It's been two thousand years later and a chubby girl who lives in Miyagi Prefecture and going to Karuna High is there and she remembers her past life. How she met a guy and how she died. (Y/N) (L/N), she walked to the school and saw the guy who is the most scariest in school, Yutaro Kindaichi. They stared at each other and smiled

"Been waiting for you, (Y/N)"Yutaro said as (Y/N) nodded

"Me too......Yutaro-kun"the reincarnation of (Y/N) said

~Finished~