Chapter Nineteen

The Stadium of Light show; may 28th 2014 was my concert and I miss it so much; God damn it😭

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LIAM'S POV

It's the 28th of May. Me and Zayn have decided its time to come clean and tell our parents.  But Zayn comes from a muslim family who are 100% sure that being gay is a sin, meaning if anyone in the muslim community is gay, they are going against the religious teachings.

Zayn has been worrying about it all day so we went to the Stadium half an hour before the others got here so I could calm his nerves. I never understand how telling someone you are gay is more nerve racking than performing infront of thousonds in a town you have never been too before.

We came up with just telling our mothers because everyone knows most mothers are more understanding than fathers. We also decided to tell them after the concert so their replies don't effect the performance tonight because we have been looking forward to coming to Sunderland for so long. We saw all the support on twitter we are getting from the Sunderland fans, it would be ashame to miss them out so we decided this tour we are definitely performing there, so here we are, 3 hours before the concert starts waiting for Niall, Louis and Harry to come.

20 minutes has gone by and the other boys have showed up.

LOUIS' POV

It's the Stadium of light show today and I can't wait to see some familiar faces, the faces we see everyday on twitter asking for follows and how our days have been. I've heard there are a lot of Larry shippers in this town so i can't wait to see if there are many fan posters and banners with 'Larry' references on.

~2 hours later~

We have just finished our sound check rehearsals and the doors are opening for everyone to come in and find their seats and standing areas. I looked round the side of the stage and saw a lot of people holding signs, my stomach started to flutter, what if they are holding a larry sign?

It didn't take long for the stadium to be filled. With no more room to sit and no more room to stand I realised how much support we have here. "Take a pick Paul", Niall said with his Sunderland football shirt on, standing infront of the seats that says 'Ha'way the lads'.

It's 7pm and 5sos have just went on stage so we have half an hour to get sorted. The crowd went wild as soon as 5sos mentioned our names. They sang their set list and before we knew it, we were getting escorted to the stage entrances which we will come onto the stage through.

Our opening video ended and 'midnight memories started playing. We came on stage and sang. We sang all the songs on our set list and it was only 10am.  It didn't take us as long as we thought it would because of the weather.  It had been the average british weather all day; cold but dry. Then it started raining when it was time for us to perform. Harry slipped twice and the second time he fell onto the floor but the crowd seemed to find it hilarious. Liam did a 'belly slide' across the stage which failed massively and ended in him belly flopping onto the wet stage.

HARRY'S POV

It's just after 11pm and we are on the tour bus. All the hotels are sold out and the only other option is the tour bus. Liam and Zayn are in the back room talking on the phone and me, Niall and Louis are in the lounge area watching Mazzi Maz's recent uploads on youtube, Mazzi Maz is Liam's friend from Wolverhampton, they've been friends since before the x factor. He understands most of our lives because he lives a life like us but he doesnt get mobbed everytime he goes out, he has 688k fans and he uploads videos on youtube as part of his income and entertainment.  He is a great guy, he is very funny and doesn't take life too seriously.

ZAYN'S POV

"Hey Waliyha, is mom home?" I asked as Waliyha answered the home phone. "Yeah, would you like me to get her?" She asked. "Yeah sure but i wanted to tell you something first" i said then continued with "but please, whatever you do, dont forget that i am your brother and i love you and our sisters so much. You all mean the world to me but i cant hide forever...I'm homosexual. I like boys, im dating Liam." I said nervously. The silence before Waliyha clicked on what to what I had said was the longest silence I have ever been apart of. "I love you too" Waliyha said honestly and I couldnt help but cry. "Does this mean you dont hate me?" I asked curiously with happy tears rolling down my cheeks. If one of my siblings accept me then that is all i need. "Yeah, are you kidding me? Your my brother, of course I don't hate you. You have done so much for our family. If it wasnt for you we would be still living in a small house which isnt practical for our family. You mean the world too us, even if you didn't get this house for us." She said and I couldn't help but smile as another tear of joy rolled down my face. "I'll get mom hold on, but don't tell dad. I dont think he would accept it. You know, with him coming from such a religious background and all" she said and my heart skipped a beat. I will never tell my dad.

"Hey mom, is dad around?" I asked. "No son, he is at work sorry, shall I pass a message?" She asked curiously.  "Yeah, no need to do that, I wanted to tell you something. But don't hate me, just hear me out please? Im not a bad person, I swear" i said as anxiety kicked in and my chest tightened. "Im gay" i said quickly. My mom didnt respond for a about 30 seconds then she spoke up.

"Thats great.  Who's the lucky boy?" I can't describe how happy i am right now. "Liam", I said proudly and she replied with "Liam's mom would be happy. You're her favourite and she has a lot of respect for you and Liam, does she know?", she said which made me look at Liam who is sitting there with a huge smile on his face with his phone held up to his ear. "I think she knows mom, I think she knows", I said.

I was so nervous for nothing. All those hours sitting anxiously wondering if tonight would be the last time i talked to my family. I know i have only told 2 members but that's huge for me because my family are religious and have strong beliefs that homosexuals are not normal and all males should marry females, vice versa.

We ended the calls with our parents and went straight to bed with a smile on our faces.  We are accepted and our families dont hate us. Today couldn't have wen any better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -