Chapter 12 - Stuck on stupid

I looked at my mates and Matt, like well, where is he. I looked around to see if I could see him anywhere but I couldn't find him. I lowered my brow, crossed my arms over my chest, tapped my foot, looking at my mates with death staring out of my eyes. "Eyes up here, Zane and Blaine," I pointed to my eyes and scowled at them, "well, where is he?"

Blaine, trying to keep his eyes on my face, quickly said, "He'supinthetreeandwe'retryingtofigureouthowtogethimdown."

"Uh, what?"

Zane slowly looked up. "He's in the tree."

"Uh, what?" I felt like a broken record but I had no clue what the hell they were talking about. I followed the men's eyes to the top of a tree. "Who threw him up there so high?"

Zane's eyes widened before he looked down. "I did?′

My eye twitched, my mouth not to far behind. I started laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I laughed so hard my stomach was starting to ache. Zane threw him up into the top of the tree. I wish there was a video of it. Before I almost had the thought I was bombarded my images from both my mates. It was truly a beautiful move.

"You, y-you threw him up into the tree, Zane, and it was a beautifully fucked up move. Who is getting him down?" I asked, still somewhat chuckling.

I looked up when no one answered me. The guys were looking at the ground, kicking marks in the dirt with their shit kickers. "Oh, hell no! You put him up there."

"I'm too heavy for the top of the tree. We will make sure you don't get hurt. Blaine and I will catch you if you fall," Zane explained his plan.

"What?" I screeched. "Did you even think? Did you question if I could climb a tree? Did you?"

Zane looked up at me and smiled a goofy smile. The one that would make me drop my panties in a New York minute. But, it didn't mean I was going to climb a tree. "I didn't think about throwing him so high. I really didn't. I was mad at him for trying to kill my mate."

Great! Now he was playing the mate card. "Well, does anyone have a rope or pulley system I can use?"

I could tell I surprised them, all three men were gaping at me. I chuckled at them. What they didn't know is I climbed every tree in my territory. When it wasn't a challenge anymore I would climb mountains. So, I was not afraid of heights, but I wouldn't go up if I didn't have a rope to tie off to keep somewhat safe.

"I have one in my truck. It was in it when I bought it. I'll go get it." Matt ran to his truck and was back in less than a minute, bringing the pulley system and gloves.

It was a nice pulley system, with aid hooks and hangers to cushion me between the aid hooks. Since I wouldn't be climbing a rock surface I would have to adapt the ones I was now holding. "Was there a hammer with this?"

"No, but I do have a regular hammer. Will it work?" Matt asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah." I looked around at my wide eyed mates and smiled. "I like climbing. I will be okay. I'll be safe, okay?" They nodded their heads, clearly un-nerved.

Matt came over with the hammer. I took off my bullet proof vest, handing both my vest and knife sheaths to the my mates. I took the hooks and put them in a bag hanging from my waist. I had everything ready to take on the big scary tree, clearly picking up my mates thoughts.

I turned around and about to start climbing when my mates grabbed him and took turns kissing me into a puddle of goo. I wanted to melt into their kisses and embrace but I knew I had to get the jackass out of the tree.

"Guys, she needs to have her head on straight," Matt stupidly said.

Growls erupted from all three of us. We weren't going to be told what to do, not at all.