Chapter 99 - MIA

I used the bathroom, washed my face, and walked over to Blaine, laying down beside him and taking his hand.

I tried to fall asleep but the beeping machines were about to drive me crazy. I looked to see if there a way I could turn the sound down. When I realized I couldn't figure out how to turn the sound off, I got up from the bed and walked to the nurse's desk. I looked for the nurse, not finding her anywhere.

"Hello?" I called out and not getting an answer. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Why didn't anyone answer me? "Zane, do you know where the nurse or the doctor are?"

"The doctors here eating. I'm not sure where the nurse is. Do you need something?" He answered.

"Uh, I need someone to turn down the damn sound on the fucking machines in here. I can't sleep, which means I can't find out how Blaine is doing," I told him, aggravated they left Blaine hanging if something was to happen.

"I'll send the doctor but if you-"

"-if I see the nurse she will be lucky to keep her head. I've had enough of the bull around this hospital. The bastard must have let them do whatever they wanted. But, it won't happen on my watch."

"The doctors on his way. If I see the nurse, who was supposed to be on duty, I'll send her over to you. Just don't kill her, okay? We only have two nurses for the whole pack," he replied.

"No promises," I snarled. I was pissed off. Why would she leave her post and why the hell didn't the doctor know she was gone? The doctor should have made sure she was here before he ever thought about leaving.

I growled as the doctor walked in. "Where in the hell is the nurse who's supposed to be here. One of you should have made sure the other was here."

"I-I'm sorry. I thought s-she was h-here. I should have c-checked. I apologize for not c-checking," the doctor stuttered out.

"Yes, you should have. If something would have happened to Blaine I wouldn't have stopped my wolf from raining down vengeance," I snarled.

The doctor flinched and took a step back. "I will make sure someone is here at all times, plus, the nurse and I are going to have a talk. I will send her to you after I snap at her if that's okay with you, Alpha Summer."

I nodded my head. "I need the beeping turned down. I can't sleep and I need to. I want to see how Blaine is doing with the protein and I can't do it when I'm awake. Think you can help me with this?"

"No problem. I will turn everything down and add another protein pack to his feeding tube."

I nodded to him and gestured to him to do what he needed to do. I was ready to see how Blaine was doing. I wanted to find out how he was. I missed him and was ready to talk to him for a little while. I knew I couldn't stay in the void for long, it zapped my energy too much. I was giddy, waiting to see him in any capacity, praying to the Moon Goddess he was waiting on me, too.

I watched the doctor start the protein pack and turn down the sound on the machines. I knew they would need to be turned up eventually but I needed the sound down for a few minutes. I was ready to lay down but I was afraid I would lay down on one of the tubes and block whatever nutrient or whatever was keeping his kidneys empty of the silver in them.

"He's all set. Have a good nap, Alpha Summer," the doctor told me, catching me off guard. I was all up in my head.

I smiled at him and sat in the chair by his bed, grabbing Blaine's hand. I leaned over and closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to overtake me. It took me longer than the last time I visited the void but I was back to the overwhelming darkness again. I was waiting for my eyes to adjust...