Chapter 42 - Nasty Witches

I picked up a new cd, intending to put it in next, but Blaine stopped the bus. I was giving him a look of what was going on.

"The ladies in the kitchen asked me if we could stop and eat. They have some food ready," Zane answered my unspoken question.

"Hold on." I sent my senses out around us, slowly searching for enemies. I felt we were safe, for now. I went to stand up but I felt the vibrations of a bug. "Damn it! Keep driving, Blaine, we have a bug on this bus. I'm going to find it and squash it, well, like a bug."

"Don't squash it. I have an idea that should work." I nodded as Zane walked up.

I got up and Zane helped me out of the front seat as Blaine was telling everyone to wait and not get off the buses. He explained why. I walked to the back of the bus first, holding my hand out and feeling for the bug. I found one pretty fast. But, I felt as if this bug was put in plain sight to fool me. I kept my hand out and walked back across the seats and wall of the bus. I found another one under the seats in the back. I went to another row of seats and repeated my actions, not finding one in the row. I was close to the restroom when I finished with the row. I walked into the restroom and felt for the next bug. I was attuned to them now and I found three. One was behind the toilet. Another one was in the cabinet under the sink. And, the last one was in the toilet paper roller.

"Those nasty ass witches were covering their bases," Justice chirped.

"You think?" I asked sarcastically, moving to the next row of seats.

I found another one in someone's bag. I asked permission to search and was granted it as the lady handed me her bag. I pulled out a few things and found the bug at the bottom of her bag. I nodded to her and kept going down the aisle. I didn't find anymore on the isle so I went to the next one. I didn't find anymore on the next aisle so I kept going. When I was done with the aisles I checked my lounge chair, finding another one. I could sense another one but I moved to the driver's seat and passenger seat. I thought maybe they would be in the front but they weren't. I walked back over to my chair and scanned my hands again. When I didn't find anything I sat down in my lounger. I was perplexed and pissed.

I sat in the lounger for a minute, asking the Moon Goddess for help. I soon had my answer when I looked up. "Thank you, Moon Goddess," I voiced out loud. I stood up and looked at the cd player above my chair. I ran my hands around the player, finding another bug. I felt as if there was another one. I handed the bugs to Zane and looked again. I found the last one on the wires leading to the roof of the bus. I handed the last one to Zane.

"That's it for this bus. I know they didn't go to the other buses but I want to make sure. The mom could have teleported to an empty bus and planted some. I need to check out the outside of the buses too," I informed everyone. "Damned black witches."

I had my mates ask everyone to step off the buses so I could search easier. I searched the outside of our bus first, finding a couple of them at the front and back wheel well. I handed those to Blaine. I went to the next bus and searched inside, not finding any bugs there. I walked around the bus, finding one more in the grill. I was grumbling about nasty witches and bastards. I was pissed at myself, pissed at the bastard and pissed at the rogues. I was fucking pissed the most at myself for trusting the witches to start with. I should have known better. But, I was trying to give them another chance and I was happy about having help with the bastard - too happy. And, my naivety could have cost us.

After I was done with the buses and dune buggies I looked around. I could still feel another one but where? "Could everyone please make a few rows with space in between? I feel another bug or two."

They moved into rows quickly. I could tell they were scared of being discovered by the rogues. I walked down each row and checked everyone. I went to take a step towards the bus I was on but I felt the bug right behind me. I took a few steps back and noticed the little girl who had made me laugh.

"Hi, honey, can I check to see if anyone tried to bug your cute self?" I asked politely. She nodded her head as did her mom. Her mom was scared. I could tell she thought something happened to her child. I smiled at the mom, noticing the warrior I healed standing next to the women and the child.

"This is your beautiful family, right, Trace?" He smiled and nodded. "I believe one of the witches placed a bug on your daughter. I'm going to check. I promise it won't hurt her." Trace nodded again. I placed my hand above the girls head and found the bug immediately. "Found it." I leaned down to talk to her. "I'm going to take your hair bow out but I promise to fix it back." I pulled the bow out and found the bug on the inside of the bow. I pulled it out, checking to make sure there wasn't anymore.

"Avery, did the witches touch anything else on you? Shoes, socks or clothing." Avery nodded her head as she started to cry.

"Hey, it's okay, Avery. You didn't do anything bad. If anyone did it would be me for letting them on the bus. I can promise you it won't happen again. I'm done with witches or anyone else trying to pull a fast one on me. You're fine, honey," I soothed Avery as she sniffled.