XXV.

After they all agreed to talk about the mind stone and what to do with it later Peter went to the kitchen to get the cookies.
They all sat down on the two couches and started talking about random stuff, while Loki's attention went to the piano in one corner of the room. He had seen it earlier and always wanted to play on it.
As quiet as possible he sneaked over to it and sat down in front of the instrument.

"You know, I actually don't like Christmas very much", Nat said, and Thor replied: "But it seems to be a lovely holiday! I enjoy it so far."
At that moment tender music could be heard coming from one corner if the room.

They all looked up and saw a smiling Loki playing the piano. It seemed like he totally forgot he wasn't alone.
The music was calm but still reached every corner of the large room. His play sounded amazing and was of a subtile beauty.

The voice of Thor interrupted the quiet sounds. "You can play this thing?!", he asked and his brother flinched, looking up in shock. "I... I am sorry... I just thought... I..."
Peter walked up to him and asked: "Can you show me how to play the piano? I always wanted to learn it and you are really good."
The god blushed and nodded. "Of course... Sit down, I'm showing you."

The rest of the time till lunch they sat on the couch, or at the piano, and listened to the sound of the two playing.
Peter was learning fast, and as the others finally decided to eat the boy was a bit sad because of the interruption of their lesson.

Again there were lots of food on the table. Thor was eating as much as usual, and Peter asked himself how the god could eat that much and still stay in shape.
As the total opposite Loki next to him wasn't eating again. Instead he was reading in his book.

"Loki!", Stark said in a strict voice.
The god looked up with an innocent expression and discreetly let his book disappear. "Yes, Mr. Stark?"
"Are you reading while we're eating?"
"No, Sir, why should -"
Thor interrupted his brother. "Of course you did! A few seconds ago you were reading in the book I gave you!"
With a furious look Loki stared at the taller one. "Of course you imbecile would stab me in the back!"
"Hey, I'm just telling the truth! And we told you to not lie to us!"
"Well, nobody would have noticed if you wouldn't always -"

"Hey! Calm down, both of you! It's Christmas, remember? No fighting today!", Stark shouted and both of them exchanged a final angry look and turned around again.
"I am not hungry anymore", Thor stated and was about to stand up as his brother started laughing. "Ohh, are you in your teenager phase again? 'I am in need of some attention again, so I'll refuse to eat and run to my room to cry myself to sleep!' Poor Thor, he's probably having his period."
Loki was still laughing at his own joke as Thor hit him in the face. A cracking noise filled the room, then silence.