III.

It was cold.
Not that it would bother Loki, but he noticed it. Just like all the little details in the cell. The little cracks in the floor, the smudges on the glass walls. Everything.

It's not like he spent an eternity here, but it felt like one. As he asked the Avengers to keep him here he didn't meant to be left alone here forever.

But it was better than Asgard. Just the thought of this place was torture on its own.
He let his body fall to the ground, rolling up like a fetus, hugging his knees. He felt so... alone.

Loki never wanted to be the bad guy. It was just.. Thor. Thor was always the stronger, the better one. Loki was the one who always stayed in his shadow. Being evil, at least that's how he thought, would let him be the center of the attention, if he would rule the earth, or Asgard -
He shivered. No, never again this place. Never.

Thor. He wanted to be seen by his brother. He wanted to be loved. But just like 'father' had told him a few weeks ago, he would never be loved by anyone because he was just a waste of time... He wasn't worth to be alive.

"Loki?", a voice appeared next to him. The man opened his eyes and sat up.
Thor was standing in his cell.

"What do you want?", the god of mischief asked with a thin voice.
"You are so alone down here... I just wanted to spend some time with my little brother." Thor smiled at him, but he just escaped his gaze and whispered "You are not my brother."

Even though he has heard that reply many times it hurted the god of thunder. He somehow thought that the relationship between the two would get better... But this seemed to not be the case.
"Well... I think it would be best if I go now."  Just as Thor wanted to leave he saw the tears in the eyes of this brother.
"I... I'm... Sorry." Loki looked up. He couldn't see the other man clearly, but he didn't care. As he stood up his joints were clicking because of the long time without stretching them. "Could you... Stay?" The black-haired man was fidgeting with his sleeve, not daring to look into the eyes of the stronger man. As he looked up Thor lifted his hand and Loki flinched as if he was expecting to be hit.

"Are you... Scared of me?", Thor asked.
"No. I'm just.. Ah, forget it. You wouldn't understand." What was meant to sound sarcastic and mean just sounded pathetic to Thor. "We'll never find out if I would if you don't tell me." The smile came back on his face and Thor walked up to his brother. Standing right in front of him he saw he was shaking. "Are you cold?"
He didn't reply. It was like his mind just gave up and left an empty body without emotions or feelings.
"Loki. I love you. You know that, and you also know that this love will never die. I'll always be here for you, whenever you'll need me I'll be coming. I don't know if you want my help, but I'll always offer it to you."

Now Loki looked up, his face looked tired. "Why are you like this?", he asked.
"What do you mean?"
"I...", The qiet tears that still ran over his face turned into a harsh sobbing, Loki tried to calm down but the pain of years was now coming out. First he didn't even notice that Thor had pulled him into a close hug, gently rubbing his back. "It's alright", the older one mumbled, "Just let it out."

Banner felt bad for watching the brothers, but Stark had told him to keep an eye on them in case Loki tried to kill Thor or something.

But now the whole situation was just too much for him.
From that moment on Bruce Banner was sure the former villain was not lying. Nobody could act that good. Not even Loki.