CHAPTER 9: AN INVESTIGATION

DAY 4, 8:00 A.M

Christine and Viggo were back inside his house. The room was still dark even when it was morning due to the black blinds covering the windows. Her eyes had adjusted to the dark by now so she can see the full view of the room.

"So, where is Lilian's house? We can't search something we don't know where." she asked.

"504 Parker Street" Viggo replied.

"Wha-how do you know that?"

"I have my sources."

"Sources? What sources? Oh no-don't tell me you have my address."

Viggo just shrugs and continues browsing a folder.

"Jesus-ok so, what's in there?" Christine asked.

"Information about Lilian. Personal and health records. Her education, blah, blah, blah. What we need to do is find a connection between her and The Øne."

"Ok so-how do we start?"

"Well, it appears she was adopted so she has no idea on who her biological parents are, so we cant tie her to any familial leads. This goes for health as well since she seems to be perfectly healthy."

"Yeah, so the house it is then. Let's head over there now." she said, walking out of the room.

"I agree. Come on." Viggo said closing the door behind them as they leave the house.

30 MINS. PASSED

"Ok-we are just about there. Hey-isn't that Gelo. HEEEY GELLLOOO!!"called Christine.

It was Angelo, he just came out of a hardware store. Angelo always had a thing with metals and machinery. He could whip out any simple machine with just the right tools and materials.

"Hey, Christine. He-hey, Viggo." said Angelo as he blushes when he sees Viggo.

"What are you doing there?" Viggo asks.

"Oh-uhm. I'm just gathering some stuff for uhm something you know." Angelo replied.

"Hmm, well alright then. Come on, Christine. We have to get going."

Angelo then became curious. "Where are you two heading off to?"

"Oh-we were just uhm-" said Christine breaking off.

They didn't prepare for a situation like this at all. They were hoping to get there unnoticed by any of their friends or classmates to avoid them asking questions.

"We're heading to Lilian's house." answered Viggo.

Christine shot him a look of surprise and a lot of questions came up on her mind on how and why did he come up to the conclusion of telling him.

"Oh, then can I come with?" asked Gelo.

"Of course, you can come with me and Christine. We're heading there on important matters."

"Alright then." replied Gelo.

Thus began, the three of them off to Lilian's house.

LILIAN'S HOUSE, 8:45 A.M

They reached Lilian's house which is near the edge of town in a desolate, flat, grassland. Their house was quite big in their town but not worthy to be called a mansion. It almost seemed like a haunted house. The wood was most likely infested with termites and the plants around the place seemed dead.

"I forgot to ask. What are we doing here?" asked Angelo.

"We'll explain later at my house." said Viggo, which made Angelo all red.