CHAPTER 13: ENCOUNTERS

DAY 4, 6:00 P.M

Yennifer's ears rang because of the gunshot. She then remembered Charlie, someone was behind him and was holding a gun.

Charlie-no.

She checked in the classroom and saw a huge scuffle going on. Blood can be seen on Charlie's forehead as he tried to attack the attacker. The shooter seemed to be a woman with a motorcycle helmet. Charlie threw around a couple of jabs towards the woman but she just seemed to anticipate it and dodge them with ease. As Charlie grew fatigued, the woman saw an opportunity, she grabbed Charlie's arm and went behind him and pinned him down to the floor. Charlie tried to grab the woman with his free but it was no avail.

The woman tried to reach for her gun in the holster but felt it wasn't there. She looked around the room but only saw Yennifer pointing her very own gun back at her.

"Get off him." said Yennifer, as she points it at the woman.

Yennifer was hesitant to shoot her because she cant kill anyone and if she could, she could miss and hit Charlie. The woman again took advantage of the situation and let go of Charlie. She rushed Yennifer and grabbed the gun out of her hand. Yennifer was so surprised at the speed that she didnt notice the butt of the gun heading straight for her face. It was too late and she got knocked down to the floor, barely conscious.

Charlie tried to get up and help her but the woman kicked him right in his jaw as he tried to get up. Charlie let out a groan as he felt a hand grab his face and slammed it down on the concrete floor of the classroom. He was seeing stars and the last thing he saw was a lady in black with a motorcycle helmet run for the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------
ACRISIUS

6:05 P.M

"So you killed Adrian's target?" asked Acrisius to the woman.

"More or less." replied the woman as she inspects the number of bullets left in her gun.

"Well that's it then. Let's all go back and have a beer. Easiest job ever." said Clyde, all happy.

"No, she didnt." said Adrian, mindfully watching the woman.

"Hmm? What do you mean, boy?" asked the lady, approaching Adrian.

"Who said the target can only be one? *laugh* I'm pretty sure its more than that."

"Wait what?" asked Clyde, all puzzled.

"There was more wasn't there. Someone among the remaining kids is a target." replied Acrisius, cracking his fists.

"Exactly, which means we aint done here yet. Thanks for the help, lady. I appreciate it but now--." Adrian cocks his pistol. "--Its our turn."

Clyde grabs his trusty ol' sickle while Acrisius grabs his brass knuckles and Adrian puts his gun on a holster. They run towards the school and separates at the front gate.

As they separated, they each pull out a walkie talkie.

"Contact me when you find someone. And immediately." commanded Adrian.

Back on the hill, the woman was at her bike, lighting a smoke for herself. She puffs one out and sighs. She takes one last good look on the school as she drives away.