CHAPTER 11: INESCAPABLE PAST

PAMELA

DAY 4, 3:00 P.M

The Express-O, a famous spot for students to hang around after class hours or during the weekends. Free shortcakes on Saturdays, this is a match made for heaven to Pamela. She spends a lot of her past time in this cafe. This was her paradise. Something about it gave her this sense of calm and peacefulness that she certainly get in her new home with Angeline. She loved her older sis but she just cant seem to click with her. Angeline loved jamming her rock songs that she made herself as well as going out with hot dudes she just meets.

The Express-O is also the meeting place where she and Angeline are going to meet with Angie. They must tell someone and Angie seems like the influential kind of person that they can trust with this information. She was tired of being on the streets after running and running.

The door of the cafe opened with a little ding from the bell on the doorway. Angeline stepped into the room with a punk-like aura coming from her. She had a leather jacket on that said "BTCHES BE RULIN" and ripped jeans with leather boots.

She approached the booth where Pamela was sitting and sat down across to her. A waitress approached the table and asked what they would like to order.

"A cappuccino, for me please." replied Pamela, bashfully.

"Just plain black." said Angeline.

"Oh-and more thing, do you have shortcakes?"

"Yes, we do ma'am. Would you like to have them?" replied the waitress

"Three please."

With that said, the waitress thanked them and left. Angeline sipped her glass of water and tapped a rhythmic beat on the table as if playing on drums. Pamela had no idea how to intiate small talk with her older sister. They just seemed worlds apart.

"Hey. Can you explain to me why we are telling someone we barely know our thing here?" asked Angeline.

"Well, she seemed trustworthy and--"

"Trustworthy?! Havent you learned anything? Jesus Christ, Pam. We cant tell someone who looks "trustworthy" something of this large a scale. No one will believe us."

"But she could help us figure this out. We've gone so far now. We can't then back. We need her help and you know that."

Angeline thought it over and sighed, "Fine, its your call but don't blame me if things go sideways like last time."

The bell dinged again and Angie entered the cafe. She noticed Angeline and Pamela and ran towards them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" asked Angie with a giddy attitude.

"Yo, what up."

"Hey, we've been meaning to tell you something."

"Hmm, what is it?" asked Angie.

"Well, here's the thing kid--" said Angeline, wrapping her arm around Angie.

"Kid?! I'm the same age as you both."

"Yeah-well the height kinda gives it away, you know." teased Angeline.

"Here's the thing, Angie. Me and Angeline here are sisters. We came from a very poor livelihood in another far off town. It was not good. Wasn't a memorable childhood for both of us."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"HEY PAAM!! COME ON, LETS PLAY OUTSIDE!!"

"I don't really want to."

"Oh-come on. Let's go have an adventure." said Angeline, grabbing Pamela's hand and rushes to the door.