CHAPTER 12: KICK-OFF

THE LADY IN BLACK

DAY 4, 5:50 P.M

She parked her motorcycle in the parking area of the school. She hopped off her motorcycle and strung the bow and quiver of arrows to her back.  She approached the entrance of the school and went in.

This woman said I'd find it here. The thing I've been looking for this whole time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
ANGELINE

They're at a dark corner of the library trying to scrounge up any past papers that could've connected to their mother. Newspapers, leaflets, even yearbooks; anything that could give them a lead. Thats the only reason they came here in the first place.

"Crap-there's nothing here." said Pamela, swearing under her breath.

"There must be something here, right?" asked Angie, panicking.

Angeline was browsing old photos that lead back to the 90s just anything that could prove something. She noticed a lot of class pictures but none with her mom and dad in it. But a thought came to her:

What if they werent here, a different school maybe? Yet that means, she lied to us. Why though? It doesn't make sense. She must've been here.

And there it was:

A photo of her with 4 men with her as well as a woman that she recognized as her deceased grandmother.

"HEYY PAM, I FOUND HER!!"

Pamela and Angie reached Angeline and took a look at what she found.

"Thats mom, Angeline. Grandma as well, but who are those?" asked Pamela, pointing to the young men in the picture.

Angeline flipped the picture around and saw handwriting that wrote:

Good luck on the art competition, Belle.

-sincerely
//////////////

Belle, that was their mother's name. She really was into art just like Pamela here. The handwriting was all smudged that covered the names of the person who wrote it.

"Wait-that means this is a lead or something. This competition, it might be a trigger or where she met Dad. And from the looks of it, Grandma knew about it." said Pamela, excited.

"Which means your grandpa also knows about this."

Angeline couldn't believe it. They're getting closer to the mystery. They could figure this out and possibly help their mom.

"Yeah-you're right." said Angeline as she hugs her sister tightly.

Angeline hasnt been this happy for a very long time. She started crying, hugging her sister tightly.

Less than a millisecond later, she felt blood crawl up her throat. She tried opening her eyes but can only open one. 

It hurts, I can't see on my right side. What the hell is happening?