CHAPTER 10: THE GIANT AND THE KID

ADRIAN

DAY 3, 9:00 P.M

The car sped through the road leaving a trail of smoke behind. Buildings and lamp posts speeding behind him. His hands were shaking on the wheel, his conscience is dealing massive damage to his mind. He killed another kid tonight, slit his throat. He felt no remorse or regret for it.

You did it to survive. She was going to kill me. Its the way of survival, right?
The way of the animal kingdom. Its kill or be killed, I'm in that kind of situation right now. I have no choice. I can't run to the damn police for what I did in the past. The only thing I can do now is to do what she says.

He eventually reached a part of town that seemed unoccupied. No one seems to live here. The buildings were all run down and the atmosphere was dead. Poverty must've took hold of this place, barrels filled with trash were lit on fire to provide a source of light and heat. Cars are abandoned and trash is littered on the street. Living here must've been the epitome of hell, he thought to himself.

He rounded the car into an abandoned mall and entered a parking area. He parked the car into a parking spot and headed into the mall. The mall was all abandoned and broken, as if the once cheery and energetic atmosphere was now sucked up and is left to dry. There were once again multiple lit barrels all over the place as well as Christmas lights hung on the sides of the railings only this time, there were people surrounding the barrels. These kinds of people are from what Adrian knew were the biggest gang in town, "The Salvation". They own this whole part of town. With almost hundreds of men and women; they all have one cause to bring back proper order to the town.

The town was once known for its thriving and friendly environment. Business was booming until one day, Gerald, a previous captain on the police force won the election for mayor. Since then, the town derailed and business died down. He only cared for the big salary he kept on getting and ruled as if his citizens were ants. People were scared to dare try to protest because those people who did were imprisoned and thrown into this part of town. Now people who complain about the ruling are thrown into this part and left to rot.

Adrian went up to the highest floor into the once previous food court of the mall. It was turned into a command center with one man in the middle, only known as "Acrisius". The main man, the boss, he is the one who keeps everything in check and the one with the biggest desire to overthrow the mayor. He is in his early 50s and has this tall, dark figure that seemed to cause this intimidating aura around him.

Adrian approached him but was stopped by a man in his mid-30s

"Woah there kid-do you have business with the boss?" said the guy who stopped him, pushing him back.

"Yeah, douchebag. Now get the fuck out of my face." Adrian pushes the guy to the side and went to Acrisius who was looking down on a table laid out with blueprints.

Before he opened his mouth, Acrisius cut him off immediately. "What's your business here boy? Better be quick about it. We've got a heist coming along."

"I need your help, old man. I can explain it later but I'm gonna need a man to help me out."

"You're taking one of my men?"

"Yes"

Acrisius looked away from the table and faced Adrian. He didnt seem that old, but it was clear he has seen some harsh times. Wrinkles were on his forehead and he had a bushy beard fit for the apocalypse.

"What for?"

"As I said, old man. I'm going to explain it la--" He was cut off once again as Acrisius pushed him against the wall with his hand on his neck.