CHAPTER 31: MASSACRE

Cold wind surrounded the whole city. It was as if the whole area just died from within; it's soul and heart frozen cold. The silence was deafening. The flames of the garbage-filled barrels lit no more. A chilly mist surrounded the perimeter of the mall. Hundreds of men, surrounding the entrance. 5 people were kneeling on the concrete before a woman and 5 other elite soldiers.

"Any last words before I shall kill you all?" asked The ∅ne.

The group was speechless. Their only thought in their head was death. They were gonna die without knowing about anything that has been happening.

Why the hell are we here? What do I have to do with this? I lived my life just by following Viggo. Damn it-all because of a boy I liked. This will be how I fucking die-pathetic, thought Angelo.

I have nothing left to live for. My sister is dead. I have no real home left to run off to. I am basically a dead corpse waiting to rot., thought Pamela.

Dying in a shit hole like this eh. Didnt even have the time to relish my time with my parents because of the trouble I caused. Never was a star child in their eyes., thought Ian.

Huh-I go out in a place filled with poverty. The irony of it all. If my rich ass parents heard of how I died, they will get disgusted and think how I ended up here in the first place. Maybe that will get their heads out of their asses., thought Yennifer.

"I have a word to say." said Adrian.

Everyone turned to look at him. The group thought of him as a mad man. The ∅ne looked at him thoroughly, eyeing him head to toe.

"Very well, Adrian. I should commend you after all for bringing all of them here. If it were'nt for you, we wouldn't be here in the first place. Its such a shame that you will die before the reward." said The ∅ne.

Adrian knelt on his right knee and bowed his head. Yennifer, who was beside him on his right, looked at him and whispered, "No."

"I want to side with you once more. Please spare me and I shall continue to do whatever it is you need to be accomplished."

The ∅ne looked at him with surprise. She hasnt seen anyone so eager unless it is her 7 deadly sins. She chuckles and holds out her hand. Adrian grabs it and is lifted up on his feet.

"Very well-I shall make you one of mine." said The ∅ne

The ∅ne leans over for a kiss. Adrian reads the scene and leans over as well. Just as their lips were about to meet, a cock of a gun was heard.

"Clutch shot, bitch." whispered Adrian with a gun on his right hand, it's barrel aiming straight at The ∅ne's jaw. He lets a shot loose and blood splattered everywhere. Yennifer felt her gun holster and realized it was missing. She realized as Adrian kneeled, he quietly took her gun.

To Adrian's horror, it wasn't The ∅ne he just shot. It was Gluttony. He was missing his head and only bits and pieces remained of his neck due to the impact of the bullet. The ∅ne suddenly disappeared and was nowhere to be seen. Gluttony's body dropped to the ground, making everyone back off of him.

What the hell-I could've sworn I shot her. The fuck was that- a clone? a teleportation skill? What exactly is she?

Adrian took this oppurtunity of shock and denial of the soldiers to his advantage. He tossed the gun to Yennifer who catches it. Adrian brings out the metal pipe from his back and readies a defensive position.

"Every one up now. Get inside! I'll try to hold them." ordered Adrian.

The black knights shook of their shock and unsheathed their blades. They started slowly advancing forward on the group. The 5 elite people stared at the group, analyzing them, before they vanished.