CHAPTER 15: BRAWL FOR A FRIEND

IAN

DAY 4, 6:00 P.M

He heard a scream inside the school as he was at the entrance followed with a loud bang and the crashing of a door. Scuffles of a fight came from the principal's office and the sound of a vase breaking.

What the hell is happening-Is the school getting robbed? A shooting? Fuck-I can't be here.

As he was about to leave, sharp pain erupted on his neck as if it was burning. The voice that told him to go to the school appeared again and said:

If you leave now-your friends are going to die.

My friends? They're here?

He looked at the two hallways on either side of him. The one on the left lead to the stairs and the one to the right was the principal's office. Ian noticed the door of the principal's office was broken down as if it was forcefully broken to let the person inside. He sneaked towards the room, noticing fragments of wood and shards of porcelain lining the entrance.

He took a look inside and saw Viggo crushed by a bookcase and a large man approaching Angelo and Christine.

Wait-what the hell are they doing here? Fuck-Viggo, shit. What the hell!

He saw Angelo try to tackle the man but to no avail as he was pounded to the ground. The man stepped over him like he was just an obstacle hindering him.

Oh God-he's trying to kill them. Christine, Viggo and Angelo. Not them. Not them as well. Not like Miriam and Zean.

Out of pure instinct to save his friends, he grabbed a porcelain shard that came from a vase and rushed into the room. He ran towards the man and tackled him from behind, hugging his back as if to try to stop him. The man tried to shake him off but Ian held to him tightly. Ian aimed for his neck to stab him but due to the shaking, he stabbed him on his shoulder and made him drop to his knees. He grabbed a nearby plank and smashed it down on the person's head, dazing him.

He gave Christine a hand in standing up and lifted the bookcase off Viggo. Angelo then made a spark and started a fire in the room, trapping the man inside as they ran outside of the room into the hallway. Smoke filled the hallway and the smell of burning wood filled their nostrils. As they ran towards the entrance, they bumped into Charlie and Yennifer.

"Woah-hey guys." said Charlie.

"Is something burning?" asked Yennifer, sniffing the air.

"Yeah-we have to move now." said Ian, as all of them ran out of the school.

They dropped to the ground as the school started to burn behind them. Angelo and Viggo sat on the grass after sustaining injuries. Charlie, Christine, Ian, and Yennifer looked at the sight of their school starting to burn to the ground.

"What the hell was that?" asked Yennifer.

"A fire, duh." replied Christine in a sarcastic manner. "What the hell are you two doing here anyway?"

"I would like to ask you the same question as well. You four, arsonists now?" retaliated Charlie.

"Ok first of all-It was Angelo." said Ian, jokingly.

"What-I did it because someone is trying to kill us."

"Wait-hold on. Someone tried to kill you all as well?" asked Yennifer.

"Yeah-it was a big guy." said Ian.

"Guys-let's all talk about this later. We should-" said Viggo, as he spots something at the side of the school.