CHAPTER 26: ENEMY TEAM-UP

"I have a plan." said Yennifer to Adrian.

A round of flames continued to glare on the street. She could see Charlie backing away as the drunkard approached him slowly.

"All right then-what is it?" asked Adrian.

"We can't get near him because of that fire stuff right? A surprise attack may just work." suggested Yennifer.

"A surprise attack? The guy may hear us coming right for him."

"Yeah, maybe. But do you think he can stop that?" said Yennifer, pointing at Adrian's pistol on his holster.

"I'm not sure. I mean, look at the guy. He breathes fucking flames for god's sake."

"Well-its that or we just sit here."

Adrian thought about it for a second. He took a peek behind the broken window and saw the drunk getting another burst ready. Charlie was clearly getting tired, his face covered in soot and dirt.

"All right, but here's how its going to go down." said Adrian.

"I'm all ears."

"I'm not firing that gun. You will."

"Excuse me? What?"

"It looks like I will have to save that piece of shit. Me and that guy run as decoy while you find a position and get a clear shot on him."

Yennifer hesitated, "I haven't fired a gun or killed anyone before."

"There's a first time for everything."

Yennifer's body trembled and she felt like she was about to puke. Too much pressure was riding on her shoulders.

If I miss, they may die. I have one shot at this. It all comes down to me huh. Fate really wants to screw me over with this bad day.

"Here, take it." said Adrian, handing out his pistol. "A few shots left in there. Maybe 2 or 3 shots."

Adrian was about to jump out of the broken window and assist Charlie when Yennifer called him.

"How do I shoot exactly?"

Adrian vaulted over the broken window and looked back at Yennifer, crouching behind the counter.

"Trust your gut. Aim and pull the trigger." said Adrian as he rushed over towards Charlie.

The fight was heating up. Charlie was on his final strength because of the rapid dodges he had to do. Fatigue and stress plagued his body in this moment as the drunkard got closer. He raised his metal pipe, ready to get in for a hit.

This may be suicide but it beats running around him. Let's hope this is enough.

Charlie rushed at the drunk and swung his metal pipe right for his neck. The pipe connected but instead of the guy going down, he stood perfectly still, not even knowing what just happened.

Eh-what the hell just happened? It hit him. But why the hell is he still alive. His neck should've been broken now.

The drunk grabbed Charlie by his collar and threw him across the road.
Charlie gasped for air as he cant get up off the ground.

Suddenly, a war cry was heard as Adrian jumped on the drunk's back. He was holding a pair of scissors, trying to aim for a main artery.

The drunk shrugged him off as Adrian fell to the ground. As Adrian was about to stand up, a large foot was stomped on his chest. Sharp pain filled his body as the drunk's foot, continued to put pressure on his chest, crushing him.