CHAPTER 16: REPERCUSSIONS

CHRISTINE

She sat at the middle of the school bus, watching over her unconscious friends. Yennifer was at the wheel, hands shaking. It looks she's just a beginner driver.

"Hey, when did you learn to drive? A school bus at that." asked Christine.

"Well, my dad pretty much raised me like a son. He was very protective of me so he thought I should learn the basics of well everything. Well, I'm not complaining now on what had just happened." explained Yennifer, eyes still on the road.

There was an awkward silence after that. The atmosphere was so dense around them that they didnt know what to say to each other. Both of them weren't really close with each other. They didnt know how to address the gigantic elephant in the room.

"So-uhm. Are you and Charlie going out or something?" asked Christine, wanting to clear out the atmosphere a bit. It failed.

Yennifer, in surprise, nearly swerved the bus into an opposite lane. "Wha-what do you mean going out? We ain't going out."

"Mhmm? Then why were you two together at school. Oh-don't tell me. You two were making out."

"Jesus fucking Christ-no we weren't. I just went there to pass my project."

"And then make out?"

"NOO!!"

Christine giggled then it slowly turned into laughter. Yennifer a bit bitter at first, finally gave in and smiled.

"You know-I always figured you and Charlie would be a couple." said Yennifer.

"No, we are just friends. Nothing serious."

"But-do you want it to be serious?"

"No-I mean I just want it to be as friends. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Well alright then. So is this the place?" Yennifer asked as she parks the bus in front of a house.

"Yeah-we're here." said Christine as she got out and helped Yennifer and the others get into Viggo's house.

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough space for everyone in the bedroom so they decided to put the most injured on the bed and lay out futons out on the floor and let one of them sleep on the couch downstairs. They put Pamela and Charlie on the bed, seeing as they both were in pretty bad shape.

Viggo, Ian and Angie were laid out on the floor in their futons. As they tucked Angie in, both of them went downstairs to have a bit of a snack.

"Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." said Christine, whipping out some PB&J out of Viggo's fridge while holding a loaf of bread wrapped in plastic. As Christine made some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the group's breakfast tomorrow, Yennifer turned the TV on.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

MASSIVE FIRE IN A SUSPECTED ARSONIST ATTACK ON SCHOOL.

3 HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED KILLED IN THE SCENE. POLICE INVESTIGATIONS ARE CURRENTLY UNDERWAY.

After the report, a series of pictures of the victims were flashed on screen.

• ANGELINE ////////
-16 yrs. old
-Female student
-Deceased

• James ////////
- 27 yrs. old
-Male teacher
-Deceased

•Clyde ////////
-33 yrs. old
-The Salvation
-Deceased

Both of them jumped up in surprise. They didnt know that Angeline was there and got killed. A sense of regret filled their hearts.