CHAPTER 28: BANG GOES THE GUN

A huge explosion was heard in the distance.

"What the hell was that?!?" shouted Adrian as he put his hands to his ears, covering them.

"I have no idea but that sounded bad. Hopefully those aren't the others." said Yennifer.

"The others? Wait-hold on. I thought it was just you two. Don't tell me the other runts are here as well."

"Yeah. All of us came here." said Charlie, who pushed on through.

"You guys are total idiots, I swear. Those guys will need massive amounts of luck to get past the horde of The Salvation."

"Well-we need to find them. Where is their base anyway?" asked Yennifer.

Adrian pointed at the mall that was in their general direction.

"Right there. Thats where most of them are holed up but thats the most heavily guarded place as well. If you two want revenge or something, I'm coming with you. I know the layout."

"Ok then, the mall it is then. Let's move and try to find the others." said Charlie as the three of them ran towards the mall.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That bastard overdid it again. If that was heard, there may be complications to the plan. Hopefully, we get there in time. Bjorn thought to himself.

"What was that huge explosion?" asked Angelo.

"Its--goddamn it. We have to hurry quickly. We need to find the damn thing and get the hell out of here." responded Bjorn.

"What is this thing you've been talking about?" asked Pamela.

"I came here to gather some sort of artifact. Apparently, this may hold answers to questions that have yet to be answered for us. Hopefully, it's here because it is of utmost importance. So we need to move to this mall. Informants say this is where the artifact is located."

"So we get the artifact and book out of here. Sounds simple enough." said Ian, his arms behind his back.

"Let's hope fate is on our side and it stays that way." said Bjorn as the four of them headed towards the mall.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Viggo lay down on the floor. His eyes are closed shut and his breathing is slowing down. The notebook he grabbed was clutched tightly by his right hand. Angie and Christine are rattled by their situation right now.

"Hey, Viggo." said Angie, shaking him to get him to wake up. "If this is a joke, it ain't funny. Wake up, you idiot."

Christine watched the entrance of the food court to make sure no one is heading for their location. She sighed to herself and ran back quietly to Angie and Viggo.

"Well? What the hell happened?" asked Christine.

"I don't know. His condition seems stable enough but he has a godly grip on the notebook. He cant seem to wake up as well no matter what I do."

"Damn-what the hell do we do know?"

"I don't know but it seems that notebook is the only thing of significance right here. If we can get him to let go of it, there may be some good info about them."

"You may be right but we have to move. It seems we are in the right place of The Salvation. Let's take revenge for Angeline."

"This still doesn't seem plausible at all. Why are we doing this?"