CHAPTER 27: YELLOW GLYPHS

Acrisius looked up on the roof of a building to see a man with yellow glyphs on his wrists. He took a deep breath and blue light emitted from his bulky arms. Blue circuits traced his veins on the skin. He felt a large amount of strength surge through him and he stood his ground, putting his fists in the air.

"One last time, who are you?" asked Acrisius.

"It really doesn't matter who I am. All you need to know is you're hindering our progress and you need to be cut off immediately " the stranger replied.

"Well it won't be that easy. I'm not going down just yet. I plan on dying by a beer bottle in my left hand and a breast of a young woman on my right."

"Too bad, that won't work out for you." said the stranger as the yellow glyphs around his hands started glowing.

The stranger made some hand movements. A yellow light shone above Acrisius. He looked up to see the source of the light only to find 5 long, sharp metal pipes being dropped on him. Acrisius had no time to dodge. He gathered his strength and punched the first pipe to connect with his fist. The pipe went flying away and caused a huge shockwave in the air that sent the other pipes flying away as well.

"Not bad, Giant. But it seems, you are tainted as well." said the stranger who appeared behind him.

Acrisius jumped back in surprise.

What the fuck-how did he appear there so quickly? This guy ain't normal. I thought I'm the only one with abilities like with my strength. Whatever-he is still dead.

Acrisius clapped his hands together, sending a giant sound wave that rippled the air causing a shockwave. The shockwave was so intense, the waves could be seen and the concrete ground was destroyed in such a way that the shockwave tore it up.

The stranger braced himself and casted a force field in front of him. The waves hit the field with a huge force that it pushed him back by a few feet. The stranger grunted as he braced the impact. Acrisius rushed him and sent a fist flying towards the force field. The force field cracked after the blow, leaving the stranger shocked. He backed away from Acrisius, bringing his force field down.

"Eat this, meatbag." said the stranger as missiles appeared on each side of him. He snapped his fingers and the missiles were sent flying towards Acrisius.

Acrisius made an X-shape with his arms, creating a bit of protection. Some of the missiles missed him and hit the ground around him, causing smoke and concrete flying everywhere. Most of the missiles however, hit him straight, causing him to stagger and grunt. Once the volley was over, the huge fog of smoke blinded him causing him to tear up and cough.

As the smoke settled and disappeared, Acrisius grabbed a bearing of his surroundings. Suddenly, the stranger casted a yellow lightning bolt to Acrisius. The bolt hit him so fast, he had no time to react. He got knocked to the ground, leaving him coughing and spitting out blood. A scorch mark was left on his chest as Acrisius' vision got all white.

"You really shouldn't be interfering with other people's business, Mr. Acrisius. This is what you sow." the stranger said in the distance, 20 feet away from him.

Acrisius tried to stand but a yellow chain quickly wrapped around his neck pulling him back down, taking the breath away from him. His hands were chained down afterwards as well with his feet.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. Things didnt have to turn out this way. Stay here for now will ya? I just have some business to attend to."

The stranger walked away from Acrisius, his long robe dragging along the ground behind him. He suddenly stopped and looked at Acrisus' direction.