Chapter Seven

I stood in the center of my hole just staring at the only entrance or exit. This is absolutely ridiculous.

How long am I gonna be locked in here?

I couldn't see Gally in the next hole over but I could hear him. He was mumbling angrily. The only words I could make out every now and then was 'shank' or some variation of 'klunk'.

I haven't figured out what 'shank' means yet but I'm pretty sure I've got 'klunk' figured out.

"You done mumbling yet?" I decided to ask loud enough for Gally to hear me.

"What is your problem? It's like your trying to piss me off with every word that leaves your mouth." Gally said angrily.

"I don't have to try very hard. Plus it's become quite funny to piss you off." I chuckled lightly.

"What the shuck is wrong with you?" He asked in what sounded like disbelief.

"Oh come on. You know it's funny. It's like I piss you off just cause I'm a girl." I was smiling even though he couldn't see it.

"That's not it" he grumbled barely loud enough for me to hear.

"Then please tell me what it is? You can't possibly be that delicate. Is it because I don't back down from you like the others? Or maybe because I can actually beat you in a fight."

"You haven't actually beat me in a fight." He answered quickly.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh I see, bruised ego. Don't like not being the big bad wolf anymore?" I knew I wasn't helping but I just couldn't stop myself.

This time he didn't answer. My smile faded as I listened to the silence for a few minutes.

"In all seriousness, can I tell you something?" I asked thinking back to my dream again.

After a few more moments of silence I heard him let out a deep sigh.

"Yea sure" was all he said.

"I keep having this weird feeling we've fought like this before. It just feels so familiar. Something about you is familiar." I said slowly trying to explain how I felt.

"Really? I thought I was losing my mind. I just kept getting that deja vu feeling repeatedly." He said calmly.

"So you gonna tell me why your so snappy with me then?" I asked again but more calm this time.

He sighed again.

"For that reason I think. Like I said I thought I was losing my mind. It made me mad to think you were making that happen. I was fine till you showed up." He snapped a little near the end of his sentence.

"Can we make a deal?" I asked leaning against the wall near his side.

"Depends on the deal." He answered simply.

"Since we both know that we both are having the familiar feeling we don't have to think we are losing our minds. I won't show you up in a fight anymore unless you want me to. But let's keep the rough banter. I like it. Just make it more playful than serious."

I waited intently for his answer. All I heard was silence and the occasional howl of a griever lurking in the maze. I thought he wasn't going to answer.

"Fine but one more thing." He spoke sounding like he was standing right next to me.

"When we get out of here take a walk with me away from the others." He spoke quietly.

I chuckled nodding before I remembered he couldn't see me.

"Sure as long as you don't pull anything like Minho did." I chuckled not thinking much of it.