Chapter 1: The Surrogate

James

"I'm so excited, and kind of nervous" Cathy said sitting in her seat. She was wearing a white floral dress with little blue flowers. It matched her eyes and complimented her beautiful white smile. Sometimes I wonder if she's the same Catherine she was a few weeks ago.

After finding out she couldn't have children she went through a major depression. 'Only thing you can do is hope for a miracle'. Those were the doctor's exact words. She'd cry everytime she saw a baby or a pregnant woman. "You don't even want to have a fucking child do you James? Because I don't remember you shedding a single tear." she said one night. Truth was that the news upset me a lot too. I never cried in front of her because I had to be strong for her. She needed me and no matter how fucking hard it was, I was there for her.

It took her a while to consider surrogacy but she came around.

As we pulled up in front of the hospital she looked me in my eyes. "Thank you, James" she said before kissing me on the cheek.

"She's wearing a yellow sweater" Cathy said as we were walking into the lobby. I looked around hoping to find a lady atleast in her late twenties, wearing baggy jeans and a sweater, with her hair curly and a backpack. But to my surprise the Surrogate was the complete opposite.

We were approached by a tall, blonde, curvy twenty year old with ocean eyes. She was a mix of Swedish and Latin. Her face was shouting Swedish but her body resembled that of a Latina girl.

A generous amount of breast, hourglass figure, ocean eyes and platinum blonde hair. She had tall legs, plumped lips and long dark lashes.

Mercedes

"Mercedes?" the wife asked in excitement. "Yes, and you must be Mrs Jacob's" I sweetly replied. "Please call me Cathy" she replied extending her arms to give me hug.

As she was hugging me I made eye contact with the huge man behind her. He wore a navy blue suit, his hair perfectly slicked back in a little messy way and had little hairs, showing that he didn't shave this morning. I was taller than the average girl but he was a fucking giant. I looked into his brown eyes and immediately looked away. Awkward. I assumed it was her lawyer. Until she introduced him. "This is my husband James" she said.

I was surprised. How did these two end up together. She was bubbly, always happy and polite. But he was closed, strict and probably didn't give a fuck about anything other than what's his.

He shook my hand. His face still intimidating. It was like he was warning me. I smiled although he didn't return it.

His big manly hands grabbed mine, shook them and gave me a nod.

He didn't say a word or even look my way as the doctor did some test. Catherine on the other hand was asking questions about almost everything. She wouldn't shut the fuck up.

I knew that Catherine was going to be an annoying bitch but I wasn't about to miss out on this offer. They offered me half a million to carry their baby for nine months, a place to stay and would pay for any medical expenses. The other five hundred thousand they'd pay after birth. And the only unfortunate thing was Catherine, I could deal with that.

In their huge house, one room was mine. It was enormous. At least twice as big as my apartment back in NY. I had my own balcony, walk-in closet, a bathroom and television. The sheets on the king sized bed were pure white and and here and there they put grey accents.

I went down stairs an hour before dinner. In the kitchen I found James with his sleeves rolled up, hair messy and shirt slightly unbuttoned, making dinner.

"Can I help?" I asked standing next to him. "I'm okay" he dryly replied. I shrugged my shoulders and said "Suit yourself". He didn't look at me once but I stayed put. Finally he stopped chopping and stared at me.

"I don't trust you" he said. Although I didn't give two fucks what they thought about me, it cut deep. "Look I already have enough shit on my plate, I don't need your baby" I replied.

I was being honest. The last thing I needed was a kid. I'm only twenty three years old, and still have my life to live. He broke eye contact and returned to attend the pots. "I'm serious James" I said and I could see his muscles tense up. "I'm just here for the money" I replied truthfully. "So you're not concerned about the baby's health, your health, the whole process and all that shit. You're just in it for the money" he said. "It's your baby not mine." I said softly but still he heard me.

"I'm not gonna let an ignorant, immature person carry my child, so unless you're willing to change, fuck off. The last thing I need is seeing Cathy heartbroken again because of some bitch" and as he said that his lovely Cathy came walking down the stairs.