11 • AWKWARD

A W K W A R D

The following day, Y/N only had a morning shift at Starbucks, meaning she had the rest of the day free. For a change, though, she was excited to return home because it meant seeing Camila, and now that the two had become friends, she wanted to make the most of it. However, her morning shift wasn't exactly a walk in the park seeing as she had to work with Beth.

Over the past twenty-four hours, the memories of Halloween night slowly came back to Y/N, and she knew what Beth and her 'pals' had done to her drinks. She always knew Beth was bad company, but she never knew that she would go to such lengths to have a good time. This only made Y/N want to make it crystal clear to her that they were no longer friends, just colleagues.

"Hey, Y/N!"

Y/N hung her jacket up on the peg in the break room and barely spared Beth a glance. Beth walked up to the angry teen and was oblivious to her anger, only wearing cheery smiles.

"How you doin'?" she asked Y/N, waiting by her side and confused to why she wasn't looking at her.

Y/N raised an eyebrow and finally looked at Beth. "What? Do you mean before or after you spiked my drink?"

Beth didn't even seem fazed by the fact that Y/N found out what she did the other night, and instead, laughed it off. "That was just for a laugh, Y/N, you know that."

Y/N fully turned to Beth and raised her voice. "A laugh?! Anything could have happened to me there, Beth! It was dangerous and stupid and the least you can do is admit that what you did was wrong!"

Beth looked genuinely confused. "I don't understand."

Y/N groaned and rolled her eyes, before glaring at the shorter girl. "Understand this. We are no longer friends. Don't speak to me unless necessary. Got it?"

"You're totally overreacting he–"

"Goodbye, Beth," Y/N interrupted her, before turning around and walking away from her, leaving her to stand there with a frown.

Good riddance, Y/N thought as she began her job at the till.

Her shift went by so quickly and she was glad for it because as she was working, she had thought up the perfect idea for Camila. She still felt the need to make it up to the celebrity, and so practically ran home to tell her of her idea.

On entry, she found Camila sitting on her bed with her back against the headboard and her laptop on her lap.

"Hey, Y/N," Camila said, looking up from her screen and smiling. "How was work?"

Y/N shrugged and frowned momentarily. "Boring, as usual. But I have a surprise for you." Her frown turned into a sheepish grin and she watched Camila with and excited glint in her eyes.

Camila raised an eyebrow and a small smile played on her lips. She was still trying to get used to this 'new Y/N', but she found her real personality quite refreshing. "Surprise?"

"I want to take you out for lunch," Y/N said proudly, standing tall. "You haven't been outside since forever, and I'm sure you won't get caught this once."