The First Encounter

Asher:

I perked my ears in interest. I was finally going to see this Alexander kid. From how his tail was curled I couldn't tell how tall he was. Yet I could still see that his fur color is a darker tan than normal lions, so dark it's almost grey. Weird. Never seen that before.

I'm now on my tip toes leaning on the door trying to see better. The door gave way and flew open, leaving me to fall face-first on the ground. Fuck. I sat up and rubbed the part where it felt like the carpet burnt my face.

I look up to see a rather tall guy looking down at me. He had a grey sweater on and some baggy blue jeans. His hair was a darkish grey and shaggy, with his little lion ears poking out. His tail came around and whacked me in the face. "What are you doing in here? You're not in band." His voice was deep and rather raspy.

I just stare at him for a minute, my ears pulled back and my tail laying out beside me. What is this feeling?

He growled and I snapped out of my trance. "What are you doing here?" He repeated.

I scowled at him. "I was looking for someone called Alexander."

His expression lightened, and he held out a hand. "Yes that is me. What do you need?" His voice became very warm.

I felt myself blush as I grabbed his hand. "I was... I was..." why can't I talk to him?

He chuckled as he pulled me to my feet. "Can't find your words? It's okay, but you really do need to leave here before I get in trouble." He turned me around. "If you really need to talk to me, met me out front after school. I've got to get back to what I was doing now. Bye!" He slightly pushes me out the door. He goes to close it but stops abruptly. "Wait what's your name?"

I turned back to face him. "Asher." And the door was shut.

I stood there for a little bit. Just staring at the door. That fucking jerk, throwing me out then slamming the door on me... but I still don't have any idea of what just happened. I rubbed my chest because it felt like it was starting to heat up quickly. That is Alexander? He's a lion and he seems like he's old enough, but he doesn't seem like a nerd at all. He was actually pretty handsome. I shook my head. Why am I thinking like this? I turn away from the band hall door and start to walk to my next class.

***********

Ahh.... the first signs of love....

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Read on and see what happens next!