💫broken💫

Giselle was sitting on a very uncomfortable chair by herself in a different room. Everyone else was where the funeral was taking place. Her best friend Caroline Forbes was watching her little sister for her. Jill had some things to say for her mom.

"I'm mad at you." She said sniffling. "You left me here with this big responsibility that I have no idea how to handle.

"You promised to stay. Here. For the both of us. Your all we had." Now she broke into tears. "It hurts mom."

This is the first time she's cried since she found out her mother passed. Giselle and her mom were pretty close. It was her, her mom and sister against the world. She was always there when their family was mean to them and made them feel horrible. She promised she'd be there for all the big events in their lives. Now she won't get to see anything.

——————————————————————

When she got home she told Sophia to brush her teeth. The tears didn't seem to stop. She took off her sweater and fell to the ground. She couldn't possibly do this. There's no way she could handle any of this the way her mom was able to.

Just for thinking that she felt terrible. Her mother had two kids to worry about and a family who hated her. Evangeline felt a tiny body climb onto her and hug her tightly. She hugged back just as tight.

"I'm going to take care of you I promise." She whispered.

It was true. Giselle was going to look after Sophia and protect her with everything she had. She promised herself and her mom. She didn't plan on breaking that promise.

————————/—————————-/————-

Sorry it's so short. I have no idea how to write apparently. Bear with me 🐻 haha. My bad.