💫fireworks💫

Giselle dream:

It was the Fourth of July. It occurred to Giselle that her family had never gone out to see fireworks. Her moms attitude always seemed to change on that day.

"Mom their doing fireworks in the park. Can we go? Please please please!" Sophia asked.

"Why do you want to go see fireworks?" Her mom asked.

"Because we've never gone to see them." Giselle said not looking up from the new scary book she was reading.

"You can watch them on the tv." Her mom responded.

"I think that'll be fun." Giselle said. "Come on mom we can make it a family thing."

"We can make it a family tradition!" Sophia gasped.

"We can make it a family tradition. The Harris Tradition." Giselle said spreading her hands in the air as if the words appeared there. "I love it."

Her mom looked upset. Giselle couldn't tell if she was mad or sad. When they got there her moms mood seemed to get worse. Sophia and Giselle both knew it.

They finally found a spot to park and went out to the grass. They realized they didn't bring any blankets or pillows or chairs.

"Probably should have brought something to sit down on." Giselle joked.

Her mom just raised her eyebrows and did a smile that had no humor in it.

"I'm going to go wait in the car." Her mom said.

"Okay."

Giselle moves over to stand behind Sophia and hooked her arms around her neck. No fireworks had gone up except a couple.

"Come on." Giselle said.

Sophia understood immediately and walked across the street to her mom. She was sitting in the back trunk of the car.

"Mom we can go home now if you want." Giselle said.

"No. We're already here."

Giselle didn't say anything instead stood a little bit to the side to look up when they started. Sophia was in front on her still wrapped in Giselle's arms.

Suddenly the fireworks started going up. Giselle heard a gasp behind her. The were big and loud but amazing. Kind of like their family.

Giselle felt arms wrap around her and pull her back. She was sitting in front of her mom in the back of the car.

"This is one of last things I did with your dad. I don't really like Fourth Of July." Her mom whispered.

She understood. Giselle grabbed her moms hand and interlaced their fingers.

"They are really pretty." Sophia said.

"Next year we'll bring blankets and chairs and stuff." Her mom said.

"Next year?" Giselle asked.

"Harris tradition."

"Harris tradition." She smiled.

End dream