16

Jungkook was eating breakfast on the dinning table when Jimin walked in. He immediately ducked his head, hoping desperately that his hyung would ignore him.

After Jimin had fainted, there was a constant reminder at the back of Jungkook's head that he could lose Jimin any moment, that there was no guarantee. Even though Jimin hadn't been in a near-death situation, Jungkook felt like Jimin was slipping out of his hands.

That constant thought made him want to touch Jimin all the time. When he was around the older guy, his eyes would drift to him on their own, his hands and body wanting contact when he knew Jimin wouldn't like it.
Jungkook didn't want to come of as clingy and annoy his hyung.

"Jungkookie," Jimin called for his attention.

Jungkook's heart beat hard against his chest. Jungkookie. Jimin had called him Jungkookie.

"Jungkook," he called again, whining a little.

Jungkook looked up with a hum of affirmation. Jimin had sat opposite to him, breakfast in front of him. He was looking absolutely gorgeous in Jungkook's eyes and he resisted the urge to scoot closer.

"I remember now," he said. "What happened two years ago."

Jungkook froze. He had forgotten about yesterday. Not exactly forgotten but tried to forget his almost confession.

"What about that?" He asked, his voice coming out a little shaky. He cleared his throat.

"Do you still like me?"

Jungkook swallowed. He did, he did so, so much, but he knew he couldn't say that to Jimin. The other guy had just got his heart broken, he couldn't handle a confession. Besides, he couldn't bring himself to say it. All the courage he had had that day had been lost the very moment he found out about the truth.

"Hyung, I-- I don't know what to say."

"It's okay, you don't have to answer that." Jimin's hands were flying everywhere, a clear indication that he was nervous.

Jimin swept a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated noise. He was finally talking to Jungkook but for some reason he couldn't collect his thoughts. He had thought hard last night, of what he would speak but those thoughts abandoned him now.

"Look, Jungkook," he finally spoke. "I don't want our friendship to end because of a stupid reason. You have been avoiding me for weeks. I really do like you as a member of our group and as my friend. Please, can we not destroy that?"

Jimin knew he was being selfish. He knew he shouldn't have asked this of Jungkook, but he couldn't help it. He didn't want to lose Jungkook, no matter what. The thought made a bad feeling overtake him. He knew he had hurt Jungkook a bit when he looked at his eyes. The younger boy had been bad at hiding his emotions.

But still, Jungkook smiled at Jimin and said, "I'm sorry, hyung. I just needed some time. Of course, I wouldn't want to destroy the bond we have. I hold it very close to my heart."

***

Over the next week, Jungkook had been extremely kind and helpful to Jimin. He was there to give him a bottle of water when he was tired after practice, he was there to help him use his vocals better, he was there to give him his morning coffee and he was also there when Jimin was trying to find which clothes fit him the best and then when he got insecure about his body, Jungkook was there to tell him he was perfect.

Even though Jungkook did so many things, he could still see the distance he maintained. Jimin and Hoseok were the two know for their skin ship but when Jimin went to hug Jungkook or even touch him in some way that may considered extra, he would respectfully pull away. It made Jimin kind of sad but he knew he couldn't ask so much of Jungkook, not after pushing him in the friend zone.

Jimin was passing by the studio room when he heard the shouting. Not everyone was home as Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok had gone out shopping and Yoongi was sleeping in his room. That only left Jungkook and Taehyung to be the source of the noise.

He was about to open the door and ask what was going on when Jungkook rushed out and his behind him.

"What is going on?" Jimin asked bewildered.

"Hyung," Jungkook said. "Save me."

Just as Jungkook finished those words, a wild Taehyung leaped out from the studio, death in his eyes. "I'm not going to leave you Jungkook," he growled bit Jimin could see the mischief in his eyes. He pounced on them and all three of them ended on the floor rolling, kicking and punching each other and laughing all the while.

Somehow, Jungkook was on top of Jimin, pinning his wrists to the floor. Jimin's breathing hitched. They were so close. From where he was, Jimin could see the quirk of Jungkook's lips, his oh so pink lips. He could see the shine in his eyes and he just wanted to ki--

Taehyung interrupted his thoughts when he jumped on Jungkook and the two collapsed onto Jimin who let out a loud "oomph".

The rest of the day, Taehyung spend apologizing to Jimin.