Chapter 2

I think it was just a coincidence that me and Oikawa attended the same kindergarten, grade school, middle school and unfortunately high school. It was just horrible luck but I clearly remember how he changed throughout the years.

He started off as a playful boy who was mostly shy well at least whenever I spoke to him. It was probably his most likeable phase -kindergarten that is. He used to be polite around me and even extremely bashful making me gather feeling of protectiveness for him. Something akin to what a big sister might feel.

When we entered grade school at first I hadn't even noticed his presence at school until he started visiting my class during this time he started attracting a bit of female attention but he seemed to shy away from it and talk to me instead. It was nice and all but didn't he have any friends? Every lunch was spent at my class even in the morning he would wait for me and after school he would do the same.

I was wrong though forgetting his playful mischievous behaviour that was almost non existent in my presence. Eventually I became tired of it and so did my classmates who suddenly started isolating me.

Bullying me, for the better word. Back then I was an average weight but as my social life declined so did my health and I began packing on weight slowly almost unnoticeably.

In middle school I was hoping and praying he wouldn't attend and low and behold there was no sight of him for several weeks. Maybe he went to another school? But as the first month passed rumours spread of a volley ball prince.

My new friends were interested and I found myself feeling excited as well. So we did what any girl would do we paid one of their matches a visit.

When I saw him he was already staring at me almost dumbfounded. He looked more at my body than my face and that's when it hit me. He was shocked about my weight gain. I didn't let it bother me back then. It was even much anyway.

He approached me after his match while my friends and I sat at the benches.

"Hey Oikawa-san how are yo"- I was rudely cut off by him.

"Mina you really put on a lot of weight... you could get sick", it was like a punch in the gut. My friends and other girls couldn't help but snicker and eventually their cute and slim appearances stole his eyes and words.

"kuroko-chan your hair smells so nice", he laid compliments after compliments until girls really bombarded him with affection.

I felt tears threaten to spill as I stared at the unrecognisable boy.

"Oi Oikawa! Your on duty!", a brown haired boy ripped apart the flock of girls and grabbed Oikawa by the back of his shirt.

"Alright iwa-chan", he whined and the boy proceeded to glare at him.

"Don't call me that!" He screamed and Oikawa reluctantly retreated.

I stared at my feet as the girls started leaving until another faced towards me. I looked up surprised as the angry boy looked at me with concern.

"Hey I heard what that idiot said to you and I suggest you don't let it get to you", he placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

I felt a warmth explode in me. That was when I understood the diversity of the saying, 'never attack a vulnerable woman' because that emptiness very much accepted his warmth.

He left quickly and chased after Oikawa. My first love Iwaizami. Otherwise known as Oikawa's mom, owner or guard? And of course the most popular one Oikawas lover.

I quickly established that Oikawa could be my potential rival...

Whenever I saw Iwaizami near by I would thank him and then talk to him leaning towards the subject of volleyball and as I spoke to him more. I learned more and more about volleyball.

So when high school came along I decided that I could finally join the volleyball club as a manager.

I picked abojosai high on a whim and I would have to have amazing bad luck if I still ended up in the same school as Oikawa.