Chapter 8

The next day I stood outside school at 6am in the morning. That's right I said 6am.

After doing my research Oikawa actually came in to school then disappeared during any and all breaks and then left before anybody realised.

Nobody really saw him come in so I figured he must come in really early.

So I stood outside school with barely 4 hours of sleep. It was summer thankfully and the fresh red rays that hit the ground could really steal your breath. The school looked so calm and beautiful in contrast to how it looks when the bell rings.

6am slowly ticked to 7 then to 7:30 and by then I completed regretted coming. Teachers came in one after the other all shooting me odd looks.

And among them I noticed a tall boy with a cap covering half his face. The cap did no good at all. I could tell straight away from his physique and the way he carried himself and so I walked right in front of him forcing him to stop and lift his head.

His eyes widened as they met mine and he looked away as soon as he realised who I was.

He moved out of the way but I grabbed him before he could escape.

"Your not leaving Oikawa. We are speaking whether you like it or not", I stood firm on my word.

Soon we sat down in the library. There was no librarian this early in the morning and that was great because what was coming next was going to be embarrassing.

"I'm sorry! Everything I said before was said out of pure selfishness and anger. It's was untrue. I actually liked you back when we were kids. I enjoyed the time we spent together", I exhaled "Sorry please forgive me!". God I felt like a man begging for forgiveness after cheating on his wife.

I slowly lifted up my head but it was pushed down against the table.

"Don't look", oikawas voice was scratchy and I heard sniffling followed by a hiccup.

"Are you crying?", I let out hesitantly and then regretted it immediately. Why would he cry over me. Don't be ridiculous.

I lifted my head slowly slightly surprised my head wasn't pushed back down and met eyes with Oikawa except his whites were red.

He covered his face when he realised I was staring at him.

"S-Sorry I was just glad you didn't hate me since back then. I mean I thought we were friends back then as well you know but crying over it is a bit... " he stopped and removed his hand revealing an embarrassed face.

And suddenly it felt like the world stopped and turned back time. I sat staring in shock at a young boy who seemed so innocent and naive.

My hand reached out for his hair that was plastered to his eyelid from his tears but when my hand reached the spot and brushed it away the boy retracted his head and then time reverted back to the present where a confused Oikawa stared at me in wonder.

Soon my look matched his own as I wondered what just happened.