Chapter 24

Normally when there were any breaks whatsoever Oikawa would be found flirting with any girl who caught his interest yet today he spent all his breaks staring wordlessly out of the window, needless to say his classmates were worried.

During his speechless stare his face would randomly turn a bright shade of red and he would cover it with his hands.

He seemed... conflicted.

Mina on the other hand felt like a weight had been lifted off her. She was more relaxed than ever albeit a bit nervous.

What would he say? Would he be repulsed? Polite? Or maybe both? She shook her head. Right now she should relax.

Lunch time came and Oikawa jumped out of his seat finally. He had a determined look on his face and marched off to Minas classroom ignoring all who questioned his behaviour.

"We need to talk." Mina sat there, mouth gapped as she stared at the unusually serious Oikawa. She nodded and followed him outside with her lunch box.

The class however were a bit tired of their shenanigans.

Mina stared at Oikawas back in silence. The windy weather rustled their uniforms and Mina couldn't help but be mesmerised by the wind blowing Oikawas hair.

He turned around, penetrating her thoughts with a stare that could see through the thickest of walls. At least that's what it seemed like.

Her hands fiddled with her hair nervously as she awaited his response.

"Why do you like me?" He stared stunning Mina.

"Eh?- Why?..." She could see the strange worry that flickered his flustered face.

"I-I mean I to be honest was a complete douche to you" Mina rolled her eyes at his words. It annoyed her too, these feelings just sprouted from a barren desert. But why indeed?...

She smiled.

"Oikawa, feelings happen for a reason and you gave me a lot" her face flushed and she glanced away. God this was... embarrassing but exciting.

"I don't deserve it..." it was muttered lowly and almost missed her ears. Her head perked up the moment she heard them.

"I see... so... I'm being rejected" she lowered her head in dejection. Breathing in sharply to ease the strain in her throat that caused tears to rise.

"I'm sorry."

She remembered that. Those words as she stared wordlessly at her bedroom ceiling.