Chapter 26

It was like her mind was completely blank as she nodded to Iwaizumi.

"Okay I'll text you the details" he said as he headed off slightly flustered as his hand rubbed the nape of his neck.

He left her standing there in bewilderment.

"What... just happened?".

Oikawa stood behind a wall eyeing at their exchange like a psychotic girlfriend. He grit his teeth as he heard their words.

The date was at an aquarium. Iwaizumi came to pick her up meeting her mum in the doorway who gave Mina the most annoying smile. He looked different in casual clothes but she wouldn't have been surprised if he came in his volleyball uniform.

She herself carefully analysed herself with jeans and a blouse nothing fancy but not lazy. Maybe jeans were too much? Ahh forget it.

"So" he started as they left the house. "Your probably wondering why I wanted to hang out with you..." Mina stared at him expectantly.

"I didn't expect it to be honest. I thought you'd feel uncomfortable with me after I-... um you know" she awkwardly let out.

"I was but I had to get things straight first" Minas turned her head towards the brunette curious of what that meant.

"Do you think you actually liked me back then?" He seemed like he lifted a boulder of his chest.

"Yes? I did. What made you think I might have not?" It shocked her to say the least. She confessed to him!

"You and Oikawa..." Mina and Iwaizumi sighed in union to that. "Your relationship with Oikawa held more importance to your life than mine and your"-.

"What are you talking about?!" Mina felt her face turn red, her fist clenched and trembled. She exhaled forcing herself calm.

"Sorry, Iwaizumi you helped me in one of my darkest moments. When I felt like the world was full of evil and shallow people you showed me differently. So although I feel annoyed that you would think that but yes I liked you. I liked you a lot" Iwaizumi blushed slightly but slowly his face became grim.

"...liked" it wasn't a question but more of a realisation. He chuckled.

Mina lowered her eyes regretfully.

"It's okay anyway" he stared a bit more lighthearted than before.

He stared at Mina and swooped in close to her before she could react and pecked her on the cheek.

"See you" he left a spluttering red mess of a teenage girl.

"How dare he!!" A shout bellowed out of nowhere and Oikawa showed up in anger.

Mina stared at him wide eyed and mouth gaped.

What was going on?!