Chapter Forty-Three.

This was more than I could deal with. All the things I was feeling all at once and now I was in a car with Payton and his sister on the way to go and surprise his mom. Meeting Faith was just like meeting a friend. She was so lovely and welcoming. I got in the car first and Payton was just talking to her as they put the bags in the trunk. "You okay?" Payton asked, looking back at me from the front seat when he got in. "Tired." I said through a yawn and he laughed rubbing his hand on my thigh. "I think were ready to go." Faith said turning the keys as she closed the door behind her. "Let's roll." Payton said too enthusiastically. 

I sat in the back seat just scrolling through tiktok. I was looking through my following page and there was so many posts from the boys. Including Anthony. He was crying in some and using all of the sad sounds and sounds we made videos too. I couldn't help but feel so guilty. I feel like I've just turned my back on him, after everything that he did to me and put me through I still felt like I owed him an apology or some kind of comfort. I blame myself for all of it, I was so stupid and now the consequences have ruined everything. A tear rolled down my cheek as I out my phone down and looked up to see Faith looking back at me in the rear view mirror. "It will get better trust me, you have us now. Right Pay?" She said as she continued to drive. Pay stayed silent he was doing some work on his laptop. "Right Pay." She said again hitting his shoulder. "Ouch. Yeah, Dais there's no getting rid of me now." he smiled turning around facing me. "There's no need to cry baby, everything is okay now." He softly said placing his hand on my cheek. There it was again. He kept saying it and I didn't know how I felt about it. Payton seemed to be the only on who cared, the only one to be there for me. I have the worst track record with boys and I'd hate if the same thing happened with him. 

We were parked on the gym car park where his mom works and I thought I'd be nervous. When I met Anthony's mom I panicked and was so stressed out for so long but this time was different. Maybe because Payton and I are just friends but with everything going on, the cheating allegations with her son and I against my boyfriend I knew she would understand. Payton stood behind the car waiting with the camera on the floor. I stood behind the camera so I stayed out of the video and we just waited. Faith came round the corner with Joanne. She looked shocked when she saw me and then Payton jumped out. The hugged for a while and it was so cute to see Payton happy, the smile on his face was enough to light up anyones day. He vlogged a little and then he shut the camera of to introduce me to her. "Mom this is Da.." He was about to say and she just engulfed me in a hug. "Daisy, finally." She said with her arms wrapped around my shoulders. She was so sweet. "Ignore them sweetie, it's horrible what he's done to you. Payton adores you. I'm glad he's making sure you're safe." She said as she pulled back. Payton had his hands on the back of his neck standing awkwardly. "Mom!" he exclaimed and she smiled at me and laughed. "What, Payton? It's true." Faith said including herself in the conversation. "He's a scumbag." I said finally coming to terms with it. "That he is." Pay muttered. "I'm going to back to work guys, see you back at home." She said hugging Payton one last time. 

"You guys are going to be best friends." Payton said coming over the Faith and I while we got bags out of the car. "Don't worry, I won't steal her." Faith said sarcastically rubbing it in his face. "Pay, I've solidly been around boys for like the whole summer." I joked making him jealous. "Fine, you won't be needing this then." He said snatching my phone out of my hand and running up the drive. I dropped the bags to the ground and ran after him, chasing him around the whole yard. "Hey, any help." Faith shouted standing at the bags at the bottom of the drive. "Sorry." We both shouted as I tried to catch him and he just dodged out of the way. He found it hilarious and was laughing to the point he was losing his breath. "Payton." I said getting defiant. "If you don't have you phone you don't have the rest of the boy, plus you can use my phone to talk to Jaden." he did make sense and plus it would do me good to get rid of all of the social media stress with everything that's going on. "Fine, deal." I said finally standing still holding out my pinky." Really?" He said standing out of breath in front of me. "Don't let me change my mind Moormeier." I smirked and he locked his pinky with mine.

 My fingers traced around his. It was a moment of silence between us. Just standing on the lawn, the two of us just stood there his fingers slowly lacing with mine and I looked up from staring at our loved hands so she his face inching closer to mine, I wanted to so bad I felt myself leaning in closer. "Pay." I said softly as I rested my forehead against his. It felt so right but with everything going on if we did it would just feed into the rumours. "Its cold, come on." He said leading me into the house our fingers still interlocked with each other. "Pay?" I said confused, he just acted like nothing was happening, like nothing just happened. "Later, okay." He said pulling me into the closest room and pressing his body against mine as he closed to door. My body heated, my cheeks blushed. "This is so hard Daisy, I want to do what's right for you." He softly spoke as he rested his head on my shoulder. I didn't know what to say or do, I felt as though I was just making everything so bad for everyone that I'm friends with, I just end up ruining everything. "I get it Pay, I'm the problem." I said looking up at the ceiling resting my head against the door. "That's not it Dais." he said lifting my chin to face him as he snaked one hand round the back of my neck and played with the edges of my hair. "Then tell me." I said getting frustrated. 

If it's not me then what is it? Nothing else made sense. "I can't do this right now, you know and I do too, but with everything going on we can't." He said walking back perching on the edge of the desk. "We can't what." I said walking back over to him standing between his legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck. This whole moment made my feelings make sense. "Dais..." He whispered holding back his words. I was just as confused a he was, and my heart was pounding out of my chest. "Fuck it." He smirked. He leaned down pulling me closer to him and he slowly placed his lips in-between mine. The softness of his lips lingered against mine and I smiled into this kiss. My face was even more red than before and as we pulled away a turned on my heels to hide it from Payton. "Fuck, I've ruined it, I'm sorry." He started and I just had to think.  "Daisy. Look I'm just confused. You're my best friend." He continued to waffle on. " I love you. I mean. Fuck. Dais..." I stood listening but when he said that my whole body felt like it was melting. I knew that instinct in the back of my mind was right all along. In that moment my whole mind was just filled with memories of Payton and I flashing by. It's been him all along. I turned back facing him and I pushed against him kissing his lips one more time. It moved in sync and my lips fit perfectly with his. It felt so right. Even with everything going on and the timing being so wrong. It was just right. His hands slid round my waist and down to my as and he had a cheeky little squeeze causing him to smirk in the kiss. "So..." I said awkwardly breaking from the kiss. He just glared at me as he wiped the lip gloss off of his lips. "I think it's time I tell you the truth." I said softly and Payton looked at me with wide eyes. "Later, I want to remember this as a good memories, in this moment I've finally got what I've always wanted since the start of tour." He smiled. "Really?" I was shocked. "You know I would never lie to you." He smiled wider as he saw my face getting more red by the second. I grabbed a pillow of the chair and threw it at him. "Stop, Pay I'm serious." I joked and he started mocking me being an ass.