Chapter 21

Morning came by as I heard a click in my sleep to be turned on. I opened my eyes and sat up. I stretched to see my parents looking at me with smiles on their faces.

"It's almost time to go. Don't worry about the wig or gloves, we'll take you back home when the meeting is over," my mother told me.

"Alright," I smiled back.

I stood up and stretched some more. My parents went upstairs as I changed my clothes. I put a grey shirt on and black jeans. I put a black sweatshirt on and brushed my hair.

Once done, I headed upstairs. I met my parents in the kitchen as they were just finishing up breakfast. I smiled as they said hi and morning and such. They finished breakfast as I took their plates and put them in the sink. They thanked me and got up.

I followed them to the door and went outside. They said I could take the bandage off as long as I hid my face. I obeyed. The bus was just now pulling up in front of my house. I put my hood up as I saw Derrek get on. He looked at me with a scared look as I got into the car.

I sat in the back as dad drove. We pulled out of the driveway and took off towards the school. I looked out the window and drifted out of thought to watch the trees go by.

I was snapped out of my gaze by my mother.

"Honey, come on," she said.

I got out and looked to see we were already at the school. I stretched and walked inside with my parents. I hid my hands in the pocket of the sweatshirt. We walked inside and went to the Principal's office. My father knocked on the door.

"Come in," the voice behind it called out.

He opened the door and walked in. Me and mother walked in after him. My parent sat in the chairs as I stood behind both of them. I was starting to get annoyed by the bandage already. I turned and took it off.

I turned back around with the bandage in my pocket with my hands. I hung my head low.

"Mr. Riderroft, we just had a problem with Derrek. He had scared our daughter terribly and we wanted to come in to see if we could get someone else to mentor her," father started.

"Really? Derrek is the best kid around here to mentor other kids. I don't understand that he would scare her," Mr. Riderroft explained.

A knock was at the door. Mr. Riderroft  welcomed them in. Derrek came in to see my parents. I was leaning against the wall a bit behind the door. Not on the same side though. Derrek got fully in and shut the door behind himself.

"Derrek, I heard that you scared (Y/n) last night. Did you scare her?" Mr. Riderroft asked.

"No. I don't know what you mean," Derrek lied.

"No Derrek. You did scare me. I had to be shut off because of you," I growled.

He jumped and turned.

"What do you mean shut off?" He asked.

I tilted my head up a little to reveal my glowing right eye. He backed up a bit as I got closer to him.

"Don't lie to the principal. Tell him the truth," I got on his face.

He couldn't see my face.

"I am telling the truth. You aren't telling the truth!" He yelled at me.

"Alright, tell me. What did you say to me last night? Why were you pushing me to say what I am or what I was hiding from everyone beside my parents," I snarled.

"(Y/n), you're getting overwhelmed again. So stop trying to get him to talk," my mother said.

I growled and backed off. Derrek chuckled.