~Chapter 11~

-8:23 A.M., St. Luke's International Hospital-

Shinobu had been called in early because Giyuu's doctors have confirmed his illness. She drove to the hospital with great speed, but she was mindful of her and other's safety. She arrived to the hospital and rushed into the main lobby. As soon as she stepped in, a doctor approached her.

"Shinobu Kochou, right? I'm Dr. Yuuto, and I'm here to tell you what illness Giyuu Tomioka has." Dr. Yuuto explained. He sat Shinobu down in his office.

"I'm very sorry, but... Giyuu Tomioka has tuberculosis. We suspect it is because he used to take care of his older sister, Tsutako Tomioka, who also had tuberculosis. The bacteria takes a long time to spread, and will only spread if someone interacts with a tuberculosis patient a lot. And... Giyuu had been taking care of his sister for over 8 years. We're afraid it had infected his body since last year..." Dr. Yuuto sighed.

Shinobu's eyes widened. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She didn't want to believe what she was hearing.

"Th... There's a way to cure him, right? Please tell me there is... Please..!" Shinobu sobbed.

Dr. Yuuto put a hand on her shoulder.

"Trust me, Kochou-san. We will do all we can to cure your loved one. You don't have anything to fear. We are trained professionals," he assured her.

Shinobu wiped her tears. She thanked Dr. Yuuto and left his office, walking towards the elevator to visit Giyuu. As she reached his floor, she hummed a melody to herself to keep herself happy. She opened the door to Giyuu's room.

"Tomioka-senpai~! You won't believe what happened today!" Shinobu smiled as she entered the room. She saw Giyuu sitting up, smiling at her. It seemed as if he was getting paler and thinner. However, she didn't say anything. She at next to him and started to tell stories.

Suddenly, her voice started cracking. Giyuu noticed and leaned forward to see what was wrong.

She was crying.

"...But this whole day would be even better if you were here. I miss having you at the university, and..." She whimpered.

Giyuu, even though he was hurting, managed to pull Shinobu into a hug. Giyuu made sure Shinobu could feel his warmth.

Suddenly, a young boy with shoulder length black hair that faded to blue busted in.

"Woah! I can't believe it! It's really you! Giyuu Tomioka!!! Haha, I bet you feel really sad right now!!" The boy laughed.

Tanjiro walked in and a boy with choppy blonde hair followed closely behind.

"Inosuke, what did I tell you about saying that? Tomioka-san isn't up for it right now!!" Tanjiro scolded the boy, whose name seemed to be Inosuke.

Giyuu looked up.

"Hey, I know you... Inosuke Hashibira... And... Zenitsu Agatsuma, right?" Giyuu asks, pointing at them individually. They both nod.

"Well, Tomioka-senpai, I must get going. I have a project due in a few hours, and I haven't even started. I'll see you later." Shinobu says as she plants a soft kiss on Giyuu's forehead.

As soon as Shinobu left, Giyuu, without averting his gaze, asked the three younger boys;

"Do any of you have someone like that in your life?"

After chatting with them for a while, Giyuu found out that Tanjiro was dating Shinobu's adoptive younger sister, Kanao Tsuyuri. Zenitsu was dating Tanjiro's sister, Nezuko, and Inosuke was dating an assistant cashier at the Kochou Pharmacy, Aoi Kanzaki.