9

Jimin wakes up to his phone vibrating loudly against his bedside table, feeling for it blindly before grabbing it and answering the call.

"Yes?" He asks in an attempt to not sound too annoyed or too much like he has just woken up.

"Jimin?"

Jimin eyes snap opening at the sound of the familiar voice. "U-Um, yeah?"

"Hey, it's Jungkook." Jungkook chuckles on the other line.

Jimin sits up in bed, suddenly wide awake. "Y-Yeah, Jungkook. Hi, how are you?"

Soonyoung stirs next to Jimin pulling the cover over his head and groaning softly.

"I'm good, it's been so long since we've talked. How have you been?" Jungkook asks.

"I'm good. I've been good." The older says, pushing his blanket off of himself and getting out of bed.

"H-Hyung?" Soonyoung says as he leaves the room.

"I'll be right outside, Hoshi." Jimin says before closing the door behind himself. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I wasn't expecting a call from you."

"It's fine, are you busy?" The younger asks.

"No, I'm not." Jimin says, laughing nervously. "W-What's up?"

Jimin cringes at himself, hating how awkward he was being.

"Nothing, I just heard you were around and wanted to talk." Jungkook says.

"Heard I was around, huh?" The older asks, laughing at Jungkook's choice of words. "Well, yeah. I am around."

"What've you been up to?" The younger asks.

"Nothing. Just working or whatever. You?" Jimin asks as he sits down on the couch, biting his lips nervously.

"Yeah same. Tae and I moved in together since the last time we spoke." Jungkook says happily. "I want you to come over sometime, we really miss you, kid."

"Kid?" Jimin laughs. "You're the kid, Jungkook. What are you, 21 now?"

"Two! I'm 22. Did you and Yoongi skip a year ahead or something?" The younger exclaims.

"Hm?" Jimin hums in confusion.

"Yoongi said the same thing, that's all." Jungkook explains. "I'm 22 now."

    "Oh, you've spoken to Yoongi?" The older asks, trying not to sound too worried or interested about the other male.

    "Yeah. He came over a little while ago." The younger explains before obviously trying to change the subject, mostly for Jimin's sake. "So, where are you now? Do you live on the other side of town, I never see you anywhere."

    "Oh, yeah. No. I'm not far from where I used to be. I um, I work at this restaurant in town. So, yeah." Jimin nods, trying to get over the uncomfortableness of speaking to someone from before.

    "I know you said things were good, but, how are you, Jimin?" Jungkook asks, his tone of voice changing.

Jimin knows exactly what he means by the question and it makes him want to run away and scream.

    "Yeah, I'm good." He says, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Jungkook was one of his oldest friends, almost as old of a friend as Yoongi, and so was Taehyung.

The four of them were close at one point and they told each other everything, yet when Jimin's disorder was at its worse he kept it from them.

They never directly told Taehyung and Jungkook that he was sick, never gave them the chance to help, or at least try to.