17

"Hey, Jimin. This is Kim Namjoon, I was calling about your appointment yesterday, you missed it. Give me a call back when you get the chance and we'll talk about rescheduling. Alright, bye."

Jimin pulls the phone from his ear with a sigh before deleting the voicemail.

He steps in front of the mirror to brush his hair in an attempt to look presentable for work, his eyes raking over his body before turning away.

It's a subconscious action but he still scolds himself for it mentally.

His phone buzzes with another voicemail, most likely from Seokjin telling him he also missed their appointment.

He shakes off the feeling that he gets in his gut telling him that he should get back to them right away.

    "It's just one meeting." He says to himself as he grabs his bag and key before leaving the apartment.

He sighs as he walks to work, ignoring the burn of hunger starting to swirl in his stomach.

He tries to calm the panicking side of him by telling himself that he'll eat on break, he usually eats on break but he doesn't usually skip dinner at night or breakfast the next morning.

It was an accident skipping dinner, he was so tired by the time he got inside that he went straight to bed.

He didn't really think about breakfast, he knew he would be hungry but he didn't care.

He opens Seokjin's voicemail and puts the phone to his ear.

    "Hello, Jimin. It's Seokjin, you missed our meeting yesterday and I was worried. You missed your appointment with Namjoon as well so please call me back and let me know what's going on. Don't hesitate to call if something is wrong. Goodbye."

Jimin takes the phone from his ear and deletes the message.

He doesn't know if he's having a bad day or if he's just tired but he feels more blue than he has in a long time.

The entire time he's working he finds it hard to smile at the customers and to hold conversation with his coworkers.

He dreads having to go see the kids, especially since he skipped eating on his break and the guilt was burning him from the inside out.

It's towards the end of his shift that he asks his manger to step out for a second.

    "Are you alright?" She asks worriedly looking over his features. "You don't look so well."

    "No. I'm fine. I just need some air." He reassures her before scurrying to the back exit and stepping out into the cool air of the night.

He takes a deep breath as he leans against the stone wall of the building, his head hanging as a few tears burn a trail down his nose.

    "What's the matter with me." He cries as he wipes his tears.

The guilt running through his was going to swallow him whole if he didn't do anything about it, but there's this wicked twinge of victory that he knows he shouldn't feel at the thought of being able to make it through an entire day without eating.

Without Soonyoung here to remind him to eat or to encourage him not to skip meals and to eat at work he feels like there's no one to push him to keep up his healthy habits.

    "Jimin." His manager says coming out the back door and stopping in front of him.

Jimin tries to wipe his tears quickly but it's too late. "Yeah?"