16

"You're here later than usual."

Jimin flinches at the sound of the head dance instructor's voice, turning to smile at her.

    "I was just about to go." He says, which is a lie, he wasn't in any rush to go anywhere until right now.

    "You don't have to run off, I was just gonna shut the lights off." Kim Bohee smiles. "Where's Soonyoung?"

Jimin's smile falters a bit. "Oh, he's not around anymore."

Bohee pouts sadly. "That's too bad, the kids really loved him."

    "Yeah." Jimin says forcing a laugh as he directs his eyes to the ground.

    "You guys are some really talented kids, I hope you guys go far with dance in the future." The woman says with a smile.

    "Yeah." The younger says looking up and nodding. "Someone's waiting for me outside so I'm gonna run. It was nice speaking with you."

    "Be careful going home, tell Soonyoung hello the next time you see him." Bohee says as they walk out together.

    "Yeah, I will." Jimin promises despite it being empty.

They go their separate ways after saying goodbye once more, Jimin's heart beating out of his chest when he catches sight of Yoongi's silhouette outside of the glass doors.

He forces himself not to stall anymore and pushes the door open, catching Yoongi's attention.

"Hey," He says first when he sees the younger.

"Hey, Yoongi." Jimin says back with a smile that surprisingly wasn't forced.

    "Did you have a good time?" Yoongi asks as Jimin directs him in the direction of his apartment.

"Yeah. The kids like Soonyoung a lot more than me so it was hard keeping their attention for a long time." The younger sighs softly.

"I'm sure they like you just as much." Yoongi says reassuringly.

Jimin chuckles, adjusting his bag on his shoulder. "You said you wanted to talk."

"I do." The older says, sighing as the atmosphere changes around them almost instantaneously.

"Go on, then." The younger says as they continue to walk in the direction of his apartment at a moderate pace.

"First I want to apologize for calling you the other night, I wasn't thinking straight. Even if I wasn't it was still wrong of me." Yoongi says looking over at the other. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it." Jimin says shaking his head dismissively. "I'm not upset about it, it was just unexpected."

Yoongi nods in agreement. "Yeah. I apologize for the way it happened but I can't apologize for what I said because I meant what I said."

"Yoongi~"

"I know. I know, Jimin." The older sighs. "I know I shouldn't be saying this but I can't lie to myself anymore."

    "I don't understand, Yoongi." Jimin admits. "I don't understand why you're doing this now. If you would have never ran into me you would still be living your life with Hoseok as if nothing ever happened, why can't you just go on doing that?"

    "Because I not happy living like that. I try to be, I tell myself I am but I'm not. I'm not moving on." Yoongi explains. "Seeing you made me realize that."

Jimin sighs but remains silent as he processes Yoongi's words.

    "A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought about you or worried about you. Sometimes it gets to the point that I think about you so much I feel guilty when I'm with Hoseok." The older continues. "I know you said you didn't think I was getting the letters, but does that change the way you feel? The fact that I was getting them?"